The Facility Custodial Specialist I cleans and maintains hangars, shops and company grounds to provide clean and safe working conditions in accordance with Duncan Aviation approved procedures. This position, with supervision, handles non-hazardous materials regularly and assists with non-hazardous spills.
Essential Job Functions
1. With moderate supervision, cleans and sanitizes hangars, shops, lunchrooms and restrooms; this includes scrubbing floors, emptying trash and recycling bins, making coffee, using the appropriate equipment and cleaning chemicals with safe and approved procedures. Safely handles and removes non-hazardous materials and assists with cleaning up of non-hazardous spills, according to approved procedures.
2. With moderate supervision, maintains facility related equipment (scrubbers, spreaders, shop-vac, snow blowers, etc.).
3. Responds to facilities requests. Assists with emergency facility situations after normal business hours as requested.
4. With moderate supervision, maintains Company grounds to ensure cleanliness and safety (i.e. picking up litter, snow removal, ability to operate snow removal equipment, applying de-icer, etc.).
5. Responsible for ordering/stocking facility related supplies, organizing and maintaining supplies in lunchrooms, restrooms and janitorial closets.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
Licenses/Certificate: Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; Respirator Fit qualified; Forklift and Scissor lift Certification
Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs.; occasionally up to 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products, materials, and fumes associated with component maintenance; tolerates working at heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing; identifies colors
Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM- 3:30 PM
Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Custodial experience preferred
- Moving is expensive and hard work! Relocation Assistance is available for those that qualify.
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation/Holiday) that is available to team members on day one.
- Plan for your medical needs with a Health Savings Account (employer and employee contributions).
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days, 50% match on first 6% contributed
- Participate in Duncan Aviation’s Tool Account Program, to acquire & grow your Tool Inventory all while making interest free payments
- Take advantage of a variety of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Forklift Truck
- Medical Emergency
- Snow Removal