To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4301 West Markham Street
Little Rock, AR 72205
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Network Capacity Planner Associate
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences • Little Rock, AR
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Network Capacity Planner Associate responsible for supporting and monitoring the UAMS Network Engineering environment. Environment includes but is not limited to: Networking equipment from Brocade, HP, Juniper, Arista, and Cisco; networking software from Brocade, HP, Aruba, StatSeeker, InMon, and Nagios.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Participates in a group 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year on-call rotation where each member of the group takes call for 1 week at a time.
Hardware and software
- Assessment of users’ system requirements taking into consideration existing UAMS computing environment.
- Assessment should include, wired network jacks, wireless access points, network switches, routers, etc.
- Design of work plans that will enable IT Network Engineering to meet campus service level agreements
- Design of work plans that will keep Network equipment and software up-to-date.
- Design of work plans for networking equipment, wired jack locations, wireless Access Points, and networked devices, as needed to assist in design of new buildings or remodel of existing facilities.
- Testing of vendor supplied updates and service packs.
Systems Support and maintenance
- Ensure timely update of Network Engineering hardware and software to new Service packs, patches, etc.
- Assist with resolution of user defined problems with production systems and/or production equipment.
- Monitoring performance of production systems. Ensure automated monitoring of production systems when possible.
- Installation and/or activation of networking equipment: wired network jacks, wireless access points, network switches, etc
- Update wired and wireless systems drawing as changes and/or additions are made to productions systems.
- Maintain IP assignments.
- Update hardware and software inventory and version control information as items are added, removed or modified using established record keeping processes.
- IT Application Analyst coordination in support of productions systems.
- Written and verbal communication at a department level concerning system maintenance and/or downtime.
- Assessment of software tools that will enable all IT areas to provide quicker more reliable services to UAMS.
- Assessment of emerging technologies that will enhance the UAMS IT environment.
- Assessment of emerging management needs.
- Selection of appropriate technologies and systems for UAMS.
- Recommending technology standards appropriate for the UAMS environment.
- Coordination with other IT areas in support of new system implementations and upgrades.
Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR Associates degree in Computer Science or related field plus 2 years of Information Technology experience or other relevant experience in a large data network environment with two years specifically in two of the following: Network Engineering Equipment support (Brocade, Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, HP, 3Com, etc.), or IT project management OR High school diploma plus 4 years of Information Technology experience or other relevant experience in a large data network environment with four years specifically in two of the following: Network Engineering Equipment support (Brocade, Cisco, Juniper, Arista, HP, 3Com, etc.), or IT project management.
- Must have vehicle to commute from UAMS campus office to off-campus UAMS offices for meetings.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds above head.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field plus 2 yrs. Information Technology experience or other relevant experience in a large data network environment with two years specifically in two of the following: Network Engineering Equipment support (Brocade, Cisco, Juniper, Arista, HP, 3Com, etc.), or IT project management.
- Certifications - Network+ and A+ certifications
- Experience with MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Configuration, troubleshooting, and certifications of network equipment from Brocade Networks, Brocade, Cisco, Aruba Networks, Juniper, HP, 3Com, and Arista.
- Network monitoring software such as Inmon, Ciscoworks, Brocade BNA, Cacti, StatSeeker, and Nagios.
- Network troubleshooting tools such as a fox/hound toner, wire scanners, and network packet sniffers.
- Good working knowledge of OSI Layers 1-4.
- Experience in a TCP/IP routed environment using OSPF, BGP.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity with desktop and server operating systems such as Windows Server, Linux, Unix, and Mac OS.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
#CBPhysical Requirements Stand: Frequently
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 51 - 99 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Frequently
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Laboratory Environment, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment, Outdoor Weather Conditions
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Hazards: Dust, Heavy machinery, Sharp objects/tools