CoServe, an Engineering talent solutions leader, is working with our client to identify and hire a Senior Mechanical Engineer. We are seeking a mechanical engineer responsible for the development of plasma cutting torches and related equipment. Product designed will be utilized in applications ranging from portable manual cutting systems to highly productive industrial automated systems including CNC metal cutting.
Engineers in this position are responsible for the design, validation execution of new plasma torch product initiatives. Additionally, the individual in this position must utilize experimentation to provide innovative solutions which improve the performance of plasma cutting systems. This position requires a significant understanding of mechanical engineering principles and processes to ensure the expected high rate of success. Prior experience of plasma cutting is not required however applicants should have a strong understanding of industrial product development, scientific experimentation, fluid dynamics heat transfer.
Knowledge/Skill Needs: Required:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of relevant engineering experience
- Proficient in CAD - SolidWorks preferred
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- Technical expertise in fluid dynamics and heat transfer
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work within cross-functional teams
- DFSS - Design for Six Sigma.
- VE/VA (Value Engineering/Value Analysis) techniques.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Self-motivated, diligent and enthusiastic with a professional approach to the work and colleagues.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, ideally with in plasma physics or fluid dynamics
- 5 years experience in industrial product development, including design for manufacturing, and ergonomics.
- Experience using data acquisition systems, oscilloscopes imaging.
- Working knowledge of electricity & electronics
- Experience using computational fluid dynamics software - FLUENT or ANSYS CFX preferred
- Project management skills
- Windchill experience
- Nozzle design
Engineer In Training
Engineering Design Process