Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Coordinate the efficient operation of manufacturing activities by performing supervisory tasks, while complying with current policies and procedures, QMS and safety requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a team and maintain excellent working relationships with all employees, maintaining an effective and open communication with all employees and all functions, and encourage employee involvement.
- Maintain good housekeeping and a safe working environment.
- Assure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure workers are properly trained and equipped with the right tools to do their job correctly.
- Achieve productivity gains while improving quality and meeting customer schedules, working towards reducing costs and eliminating waste.
- Provide supervisory role in dealing with shop problems and make the decisions necessary to alleviate or remove the problem.
- Perform all related administrative functions effectively.
- Train and motivate workers. Take interest in their jobs and provide clear, concise work instructions.
Skills and Experience
- Successfully complete all training opportunities identified on the New Hire Orientation Checklist.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the production floor departments, assigned personnel, their roles, and how they interact. Demonstrate ability to find company policies and rules for enforcing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to handle discipline problems effectively with supervised employees.
- Demonstrate ability to keep attendance records and handle employee performance reviews.
- Effectively offer advice to assist with problem solving and suggestions on how to handle situations.
- Initiate change based on customer and company objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to use the MRP system, including all transactions associated with daily functions.
- Demonstrate understanding of Job Descriptions for those employees being supervised and be familiar with the functions, interrelationship, and responsibilities of other team members.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Employee Performance Management