Welcome to Mill Creek! We’re glad you’re here! At Mill Creek Residential, we believe that every associate is imperative to the success of our organization. We believe in embracing our core values and in the power of People, Places and Relationships.
The Development Associate’s primary responsibility is to work with other Development team members and the Managing Director in the pursuit of new development business, market research, site acquisition, due diligence, managing the design process, financing, and zoning. This position reviews each phase of the construction process and oversees site specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Pursues new development business, conducts various market analysis and financial feasibility research, and conducts preliminary due diligence.
- Creates a pro forma for new development including market information, operating expense data, and estimated hard and soft costs.
- Contributes information for the product and design for developing property, ensuring that building design codes are compliant with local, state and federal laws.
- Conducts site visits to execute and document framing walks and general construction walks.
- Participates in development meetings sharing information such as specifications, contract negotiations, and coordination of construction.
- Facilitates duties with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, property owners, project managers, and other development associates.
- Ensures strict compliance with plans and communicates to the Managing Director any critical issues.
- Manages the construction draw process, develops monthly project reports, and reviews each phase of the construction process.
- Manages third party inspections and bond releases for projects nearing completion.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as safety, non-discrimination, information systems, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate or other related field is required for this position.
- Minimum of one to three years experience in real estate development.
- Multi-Family real estate experience a plus.
About the Benefits of joining the Mill Creek Team
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Employer sponsored short and long term disability, Life and ADD insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Paid time off benefits: Vacation, Sick, Holidays
Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAre you ready to contribute to the success of Mill Creek Residential? If so, apply today and become part of an organization that believes in uncompromising integrity, celebrating successes, continuous improvement, and working hard, smart and together!
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: POSTING-3-1499
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Mill Creek Residential develops, builds, acquires and operates high-quality apartment communities in desirable locations coast-to-coast. While we are a national company, we immerse ourselves in our chosen markets – living and working in the communities where we operate. We combine our deep understanding of each market with 30+ years of expertise and a fresh innovative approach to the apartment industry, to build relationships and places in which people thrive – creating real and enduring value for our residents, investors and associates.
View the full profile
Since our start in 2011, we have developed more than 25,000 apartment homes across 90+ communities and acquired more than 3,500 apartment homes in some of the nation's best apartment markets. In 2017, we expect to deliver an additional 5,000+ homes to our growing portfolio. We're proud of our people, the places we quite literally build, and the relationships we have with stakeholders across the country. Welcome to Mill Creek. We're glad you're here.