EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Plant Operator
Job Summary: Plant Operator for a 12.5 MW Cogeneration and Central Utility Plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and monitor a gas fired turbine power plant to provide 150 lb steam, electricity, heating hot water and chilled water to campus.
- Operate a gas / #2 fuel boiler plant as a backup.
- Monitor 34.5KV, 5KV and switchgear electrical systems.
- Perform maintenance on all plant equipment as directed
- Stand a 12 hour seven day rotating shift
- Follow written operating procedures.
- Have ability to work in a power plant environment that includes; climbing stairs and ladders, walking long distances, standing, and ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Perform work in a safe, continuous and efficient manner while maintaining environmental and housekeeping standards.
- Good interpersonal Skills
- Good Verbal and written communication
- A minimum of 2+ years job related work experience
- Basic computer skills.
- Navy (GSM, GSE, and MM ratings) or Maritime experience is desirable.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Operate Plant Equipment
Repair Mechanical Equipment
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: PLANT03814
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME) is a Fortune 500 company and a
leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy
infrastructure, and building services.
View the full profile
A provider of critical infrastructure systems, EMCOR gives
life to new structures and sustains life in existing ones by its planning,
installing, operating, maintaining, and protecting the sophisticated and
dynamic systems that create facility environments This includes electrical,
mechanical, lighting, air conditioning, heating, security, fire protection, and
power generation systems---in virtually every sector of the economy and for a
diverse range of businesses, organizations and government. EMCOR represents a
rare combination of broad reach with local execution, combining the strength of
an industry leader with the knowledge and care of 170 locations.