Great Lakes Caring understands that the value and quality of our care relies upon the ability and satisfaction of our employees. We prioritize patient care and employee satisfaction above corporate profitability. Because our core values underscore the foundation of our culture, we created I Am Great Lakes Caring to ensure that every employee embraces and is committed to our company's focus and mission. If you share our commitment to delivering superior quality care and loving where you work, then we invite you to join our team of compassionate professionals.
I am committed to quality. It is at the core of everything I do and every decision I make.
The Homemaker provides personal health care and related services to the client in the home, assists in providing a safe and hygienic environment and works cooperatively with patient and family. Works under the direction and supervision of the Senior Care Supervisor.
My commitment will include:
- Introducing self, communicating in clear, friendly manner and reviewing plan of care with client and verbalizing understanding of client's needs.
- Demonstrating knowledge of the patient’s Bill of Rights.
- Demonstrating competency in the following areas, including but not limited to: assisting or performing bathing; checking, cleaning and filing nails; performing skin care; assisting or performing oral hygiene; assisting the patient with dressing; assisting with toileting and elimination using toilet, bedside commode, bedpan, urinal, or brief.
- Demonstrating competency in the following homemaker areas, including but not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, laundry, meal preparation, bed making.
- Demonstrating competency in the following home management areas including but not limited to: transportation, grocery shopping and correspondence.
- Providing personal care for each patient in accordance with the Home Health Aide Care Plan.
- Demonstrating safe technique with transfers & ambulation.
- Noting and reporting significant changes in the condition or environment of a patient to the Patient Care Manager or supervisor.
- Using CareWatch to document the services provided during each home visit.
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Licensure: Must have valid driver’s license.
- Experience: 1-year experience in the last 24 months as a Home Health Aide, Homemaker or chore provider preferred.
- Skills: Must be able to read and write in English and follow written and verbal instructions in English effectively. Demonstrates interest in the welfare of the ill and elderly and desires to provide care in the home. Ability to pass competency evaluation prior to employment.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance coverage.
I am committed to a caring culture that embraces teamwork and supports the employee.
At Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice we want you to love your work and the people you work with, while making a positive difference in the lives of patients.
I am committed to integrity, efficiency and the highest ethical standards.
Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice is one of the nation’s leading providers of in home health care. Great Lakes Caring dedicates its resources to providing value-based, high quality care wherever our patients call home. Great Lakes Caring’s primary focus is to provide superior quality health care to those we are honored to serve, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and innovative processes which drive extraordinary patient outcomes. With locations across the country, Great Lakes Caring provides the right care, at the right time, in the right place. Great Lakes Caring is committed to being a great place to work for employees, and is the recipient of Fortune Magazine’s Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Best Workplaces for Millennials awards, in addition to being recognized as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.