Security Officer Part Time Night AdventHealth Ottawa
1301 S. Main Street, Ottawa, KS 66067
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Family friendly community
- Excellent cost of living
- Five major recreational lakes
- Many annual events and festivals
- Environment committed to patient care
Part Time Nights
16 hours a week
2:30PM - 11:00PM
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Supports all department/organization policies and administrative decisions.
- Performs all security-related tasks as assigned by Supervisor, and keeps Supervisor apprised of unusual activities and events.
- Acknowledges and responds to alarms, determines source of alarm and provides proper assistance.
- Learns applicable systems and responds to safety needs as directed by Security leadership. Properly utilizes and maintains all issued and operated equipment. Operates radio equipment, knows and understands radio codes, and complies with all applicable laws and department policies and procedures.
- Interacts with the public, customers and other officers in a professional manner and provides assistance as directed including, but not limited to security escorts. Assists and helps coordinate special events.
- Maintains appropriate communication with Supervisor/AOC to report irregularities from department/organization policy and to obtain further information and instructions.
- Provides initial direction and support as needed in emergency situations. Performs facility lockdown as dictated, and screens visitors and employees seeking entry after hours.
What You Will Need:
Under the direction and supervision of the Security Department's chain of command, the Security Officer I performs security services through interaction with the public, patients and employees. Provides security at specific locations, responds to security issues, provides access assistance as requested, reports suspicious circumstances and emergencies, and completes other duties as assigned. Responsible for protection of designated areas to ensure the safety of the public, patients, employees and property of AdventHealth. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.