Job ID: USP000020About Us
USP Technologies (USP) is an environmental services company specializing in full-service chemical technology programs for municipal and industrial markets for the treatment of water, wastewater, soil and air. USP’s programs are custom designed, turn-key chemical treatment programs that include equipment, system monitoring, on-site technical support and logistics. Our high-quality products along with outstanding service and the superior technical expertise of our staff provide maximum value to our customers.Description
This position will cover a territory from Florida up to Virginia and potential candidates may live anywhere in that territory.
We are seeking a talented regional technical sales professional to work on challenging and impactful municipal and industrial projects. The Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for technical sales of USP’s expansive suite of chemical treatment solutions in the fields of odor and corrosion control, phosphorus removal, biosolids treatment, disinfection and select industrial applications (oil, gas & refining, food & beverage).
Working in tandem with in-house applications, engineering, and account specific project teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for up-front prospecting and business development efforts, including identifying and qualifying targets, developing customer specific solutions, positioning programs, generating proposals, and driving the ongoing sales activities to deliver significant year over year revenue growth.
The position will focus to 75% on municipal growth and may be pulled into applicable industrial accounts on an as needed basis. USP’s wide range of products and applications provide an excellent learning opportunity for a motivated and driven individual looking to establish him/herself as an expert in the industry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the creation, improvement, and implementation of innovative sales strategies to drive USP’s position and increase market share within the assigned geography.
- Utilize formidable sales “pursuit and capture” skills complimented by exceptional technical, analytical, proposal development/management and presentation abilities.
- Proficient with “hands on” applications development; including but not limited to occasional light lab/field work, liquid and air sampling, data analysis and interpretation.
- Establish professional relationships with key personnel in customer accounts.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Industry knowledge specific to wastewater treatment
- Excellent written/verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a team player and succeed in a cross functional, team selling environment.
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, maturity and competitive drive to be successful.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science; Chemistry, Environmental, Engineering or technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of successful municipal water/wastewater treatment and chemical technology applications experience.
- Proven track record of generating sales revenue while maintaining and growing an account base.
- Travel may be frequent dependent on size of assigned territory.
- May require long hours & varied work schedules.
- Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to climb stairs and ladders and work at high elevations for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to drive both short and long distances, not to exceed DOT regulations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for deliveries which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions.
- Required to use ear plugs for hearing protection.
- Both Indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise levels.
- Outdoor site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, or a process area.
- Use of hazardous chemicals is routine.
- Trust and respect for customers and USP associates.
Danaher Corporation Overview
USP Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Manage Sale Team
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Sales Process Training