This position is responsible for supporting the Account Executives (AEs) and their TPOs by providing high service levels as well as staying up to date on all Flagstar’s policies, procedures, and guidelines. Being able to efficiently and accurately support Flagstar’s internal and external customers will benefit TPO retention, TPO growth and increase revenue. This position provides a wide range of duties related to the day-to-day functions for Wholesale Lending Account Executives. Assists assigned Account Executives with a variety of business development, problem resolution and administrative services. Provides necessary support to increase production levels. Answers phones, prepares correspondence and documents, and provides administrative, business development and marketing support. An individual in this position supports multiple Account Executives within a region. This position is also integral with the onboarding of new TPOs to Flagstar by supporting the Account Executives with the application process as well as helping new TPOs with Flagstar’s processes, procedures and systems.
- New TPO Onboarding – review new TPOs applications for completeness and facilitate application processing. Assist new accounts and new users to Flagstar’s processes, procedures and systems as they become familiar, including walk through the registration, underwriting and closing processes. Asses customer’s competency with Flagstar’s systems and recommend, schedule or perform necessary training. Constantly review pipelines to ensure that loans are on the correct path and assist where needed to move loans to closing or Post-Closing review and clearance.
- AE and TPO assistance - provide personal touch customer assistance to external and internal customers; assist in file discrepancy issues and provide follow up and resolution on all facets of the loan process. Manage, monitor and maintain house accounts
- Business Development Support - prepare reports as requested by AE and management; prepare materials for conferences and presentations; coordinate and manage marketing to TPOs; introduce TPOs to companywide initiatives. Assist the TPO Department with the
- Administrative Support – clerical, administrative, and proactive support duties for Account Executives; create reports to support production management; assist with data base/account management; manage and execute RMEs and loan rush requests; create communications on specific topics and distribute to customers; complete special projects assigned by Regional Sales Directors or department managers.
- Personal Professional Development – meet training goals set by manager, contribute to the training of their peers by sharing thoughts, experiences, and ideas. Sales Assistants are encouraged to be innovative and develop means for process improvements.
- Staff member is expected to consistently adhere to regulatory and compliance policies and standards linked to their job as listed. Staff member will not repeatedly act in a manner signifying intentional or willful noncompliance, nor exhibit gross negligence or a general disregard for compliance and regulatory standards. Staff member must ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Staff member must complete all required compliance training on a timely basis. Staff member will maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Staff member must take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- 1+ year customer service experience
- 1+ year of experience in administrative support activities
- Previous mortgage experience preferred
- Excellent time management, customer relations, prioritization and organization skills
- Detailed oriented and dependable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven computer skills with knowledge of Windows based applications, including Microsoft Office and Excel
Internal Use Only - Job Band I - Hourly
Process Improvements (Business)
Customer Relationship Management