To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Chief Financial Officer
ExecuNet • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Company is looking for an ambitious and self-driven Chief Financial Officer to join our team! We are an actively growing $50M automation business working in the Oil and Gas, Energy, Manufacturing and Water Industries with a national scope. Our corporate and manufacturing offices are located in Birmingham, AL, and we have six satellite locations in five states.
The CFO is a critical member of our senior management team and will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In this position, you will develop the financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections, preparing growth plans, and directing staff. You will be required to have Job Cost Accounting knowledge based around the construction industry, and you will manage and control diverse business operations and functions (Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Field Service), so we expect you to be an inspiring leader who will help build and lead the staff.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, implement and achieve yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion
- Thorough understanding of job cost accounting and percent complete related to engineering, manufacturing, construction, and field service
- Implement financial policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team
- Provide accurate and timely analysis of business initiatives, proposed new locations, product launches and/or new service offerings
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team
- Interact and align department with Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives and recommendations
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for bank and company’s board of directors
- Oversee the preparation and timely publication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinating with CPA firm for timely and efficient completion of annual reviewed financial statements
- Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Hire, manage/lead, and develop accounting team
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with the accounting group
- Update job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and standards
- Coordinate with outside financial consultant and CPA firm
Financial Management Responsibilities:
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets
- Develop financial organization strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction
- Establish financial operation strategies by evaluating internal trends; establish critical measurements determining production, productivity, quality, customer service strategies and implementing change
- Develop organization prospects by evaluating external economic trends and review opportunities projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyze organization operations; identify opportunities for improvement and cost reduction
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identify monetary resources; develop action plans
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results to help minimize the impact of variances
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior financial management role
- CPA designation preferred
- Master’s degree in accounting, Finance or Business
- Knowledgeable of current financial and accounting computer applications
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Experience with preparing and administering company budgets
- Experience with planning, directing, and administering company operations
- Experience with operating the listed tools and equipment
- Ability to prepare and analyze comprehensive reports
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, company officials, and the public
- Financial planning and strategy
- Managing profitability
- Forecasting, dealing with complexity
- Strategic vision
- Problem solving