Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a fully qualified computer programmer, applies standard programming procedures and detailed knowledge of pertinent subject matter in a programming area; a well-defined statistical or scientific problem; or other standardized operation or problem. Works according to approved statements of requirements and detailed specifications. While the data are clear cut, related, and equally available, there may be substantial interrelationships of a variety of records and several varied sequences of formats are usually produced. The programs developed or modified typically are linked to several other programs in that the output of one becomes the input for another. Recognizes probable interactions of other related programs with the assigned program(s) and is familiar with related system software and computer equipment. Solves conventional programming problems. Performs such duties as:
• Develops, modifies, and maintains assigned programs
• Designs and implements modifications to the interrelation of files and records within program in consultations with higher level staff
• Monitors the operation of assigned programs and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding
• Implements and/or maintains assigned portions of a scientific programming project, applying established scientific programming techniques to well-defined mathematical, statistical, engineering, or other scientific problems usually requiring the translation of mathematical notation into processing logic and code
• May carry out fact-finding and programming analysis of a single activity or routine problem, applying established procedures where the nature of the program, feasibility, computer equipment, and programming language have already been decided
• Analyze present performance of the program and take action to correct deficiencies based on discussion with the user and consultation with and approval of the supervisor higher level staff
• Assist in the review and analysis of detailed program specification sin program design to meet changes in work processes
• Works independently under specified objectives
• Applies judgment in devising program logic and in selecting and adapting standard programming procedures
• Resolves problems and deviations according to established practices
• Obtains advice where precedents are unclear or not available
• Guide or instruct lower level programmers
• Supervise technicians and others who assist in specific assignments
• Works on complex programs under close direction of higher level staff or supervisor
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• 5 years professional experience as a computer systems analysis or programmer
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled