The Outside Loan Originator (“Outside LO”) is responsible for originating and processing real estate mortgage loans in accordance with CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. (“CCM”) processes and product guidelines. The Outside Loan Originator represents CCM in his or her local territory by developing and maintaining relationships primarily with realtors. The Outside Loan Originator will: continually identify, develop, and maintain a quality network of business relationships and serve as a recurring source of referrals for new lending opportunities; promote CCM’s competitive mortgage products, services, and programs in his or her assigned real estate offices; and will consult with customers about their current and future needs to help them achieve their financing needs. The Outside Loan Originator is expected to collect and review all needed supporting loan documentation; maintain minimum standards for production and quality; and originate and close quality loan volume through sales and marketing activities. All originations and business development activities must be compliant and consistent with CCM policy.
- Source mortgage leads
- Build relationships with real estate agents and other lead sources
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans
- Market CCM products to individuals and firms, promoting CCM services that may meet customers’ needs
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and answer questions about the process
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services
- Generate complete loan applications with corresponding documentation
- Improve loan applications and documentation by informing the applicant of additional requirements
- Help customers by answering questions and responding to requests
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them
- Own the communication with the real estate agent or referral source
- Confer with processing and underwriting to aid in resolving mortgage application problems
- Update job knowledge by: participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Meet production expectations of $1 million in monthly mortgage production
- Regularly participate in activities in connection with mortgage sales, including but not limited to attend closings, open houses, and/or conduct CCM seminars/trainings and other lead-generating activities
- A minimum of 2 years of current outside sales origination experience, including established contacts/relationships with the purchase market
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage products and programs
- NMLS License Required under the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008*
- Good knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, underwriting, procedures, documentation and systems
- Experience proactively soliciting new business
- Good analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests and determine trends in a given market place
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Proficient in standardized software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* NOTE: This position requires compliance with the SAFE Act and state licensing requirements. Licensing requirements can include, but are not limited to, satisfactory completion of background checks, fingerprinting, credit reports, testing, and continuing education. This is in addition to what CCM requires upon hire.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Keywords: Loan Officer, Mortgage Banker, Mortgage Consultant, Mortgage Specialist, Senior Loan Officer, Senior Loan Originator, Senior Banker.
CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, creed, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
Truth In Lending Act