New Braunfels Regional Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking a PRN Admissions Representative to join our team!
The Admissions Representative assists in registering incoming patients, enters information on admitting forms, and verifies insurance coverage. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
Please click the link to check it out. URL blocked - click to apply
- Assists with admissions for all patients.
- Accurately completes all appropriate admission paperwork including obtaining appropriate signatures and reviews information with patient and family. Enters the information into the patient accounting system.
- Verifies patient’s insurance information including benefits, coverages, limits, billing information, etc., and communicates information to appropriate departments and submits to the Business Office.
- Obtains and communicates appropriate payer authorizations/status.
- Communicates and works with internal staff to ensure referrals and admissions are handled appropriately and to the benefit of the patient.
- Provides appropriate and accurate information to referral sources, patients and co-workers.
- Assists in maintaining current and accurate patient listing, include room, payer source, for distribution to all necessary personnel.
- Assists in maintaining referral logs, admission status of all pending admissions.
- Notifies all appropriate departments of all census changes, including admission status, date and time, room changes, transfers, discharges, etc.
- Conducts tours of the facility.
- Participates in maintaining accurate daily, weekly, monthly statistics for admissions/marketing departments and various reporting needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
Effective organizational and time management skills.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to maintain quality and safety standards.
Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion! Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
If selected, our interview process includes phone interviews, in person interviews, and several vetting tools.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.