The Vice President, Technology Shared Services will play a critical role supporting Company’s journey to the cloud and supporting our on-premise environment. The Vice President will develop and execute the roadmap for critical shared services (application and data integration, database administration and design, application services, etc…) to the cloud, and partner with our Cloud Center of Excellence on the implementation of technical capabilities within the cloud. This will require understanding existing technologies in use at Company, how to integrate into AWS, and making decisions on which services to keep on-premise and which to move to the cloud in support of an accelerated timeline.
This senior role requires the ability to interface effectively with Application Portfolios, Business and Tech Services, Production Support and Enterprise Data functions to understand business requirements and deliver accordingly to stakeholders. This person will track, manage, and report progress for new and in-flight technology initiatives; assign and oversee the architectural and engineering process to foster appropriate solution design and roadmap management.
• Develop and execute Company’s roadmap to transition critical shared services from on-premise to the cloud across data integration, database administration and design, application services, middleware, etc…
• Establish migration patterns that will allow application teams to migrate with minimal technical debt and minimal future rework
• Design and implement self-service technical capabilities for cloud-based work
• Partner with Cloud Center of Excellence on the implementation of technical capabilities within the cloud
• Identify opportunities to optimize on-premise infrastructure for shared services
• Partner with Integrated Technology Solutions to create well rounded DevOps squads
• Oversee BAU and SI projects related to Technology Shared Services
• Support application development teams with existing projects
• Partner with eMIDAS team on data migration and tools strategies
• Provide ongoing support of on-premise shared services applications, and ensure compliance with related software entitlements
• Mentor team and provide career guidance and support throughout digital transformation and transition to cloud based operating model
• Educate and transform workforce into cloud engineers/architects
• Develop and manage a yearly budget of approximately $40 million, review expenses against budget and account for variances on a monthly basis and proactively manage software spend to avoid over and under purchasing by working closely with IT Asset Management team and procurement
• 15 or more years of related experience with 10 years in a leadership role
• Ability to work in varying levels of abstraction across business, technology strategy and technical design and implementation.
• Deep technical skills and previous experience designing and delivering solutions, at scale, that leverage AWS integration and messaging (e.g. API Gateway, Glue, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, etc.) and database services (RDS, Aurora Postgres) as well as other cloud-based solutions e.g. Apigee, Anthos. Understanding of AWS security best practices.
• Ability to effectively deliver under pressure in an environment of rapid change and conflicting priorities.
• Track record of collaboration to define business process and create standardization across the enterprise.
• Exceptional professionalism, integrity, dedication, high level of energy, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and relationship building and management skills.
• Critical thinking, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills to facilitate greater growth in a focused and efficient manner.
• Ability to drive execution while managing internal stakeholder expectations across the enterprise in an open and collaborative manner.
• Highly motivated to develop strategic, tactical and operational plans to positively impact business results by employing process, governance and collaboration.
• Experience in leading or influencing teams through direct or matrix management in multiple locations.