Rig-A-Lite: 8500 Hansen Rd, Houston TX 77075
Since 1938, Rig-A-Lite has been manufacturing rugged light fixtures for the most demanding industrial environments. We are seeking a Senior Specification Sales Representative to lead our efforts in developing new business opportunities and relationships for the organization.
Ideally the candidate will reside in the greater Houston area.
Responsible for leading specification sales efforts to achieve business segment, market vertical and geographic sales targets. Develops relationships within targeted industries and/or organizations, and collaborates cross-functionally to establish success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned)
Lead global specification efforts by targeting key EPC's, architects and designers to gain advantageous positions for the product range, meeting or exceeding annual budget objectives for orders, revenues and registered specifications.
Drives growth by establishing relationships with end users, including C suite level, to gain position on existing approved vendor lists and corporate specifications.
Collaborates with Director of Sales and Regional Sale Managers to manage global projects where multiple regions/countries are involved in the securing of new or enhanced business.
Key contributor in the area of new product development and technology trends.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated track record of success in influencing written specifications with EPC's, architects and designers with a strong track record of resulting sales growth.
- At least 3-5 years total sales experience in the sale of lighting or electrical products strongly preferred.
- Experience with large capital projects and EPC's.
- Understanding of key industrial markets: Oil and Gas, Food Processing, Heavy Industrial, and Water Treatment, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnering relationships with key customer decision makers. Standing relationships with engineering firms, oil and gas and/ or industrial customers a major plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective customer relationships and to utilize those relationships in order to strategically position an offering for success.
- Capability to penetrate end user accounts at the C-suite level to gain entry onto approved vendor lists and gain position as a preferred supplier.
- Ability to effectively develop accurate sales order forecasts.
- Experience with Miller Heisman selling process or Sales Force CRM a plus.
- Selling/Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups at levels within an organization; can settle differences and reach favorable outcomes with minimum impact to the business; can win concessions without damaging relationships/ can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations/ has a good sense of timing.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
Bachelor's degree in a business or a related discipline required.
Ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and work in an industrial field environment.
Must be able to travel up to 50% in support of the business.
Some office with mostly plant/industrial environments.
Oil And Gas