To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tysons, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assurance Senior Manager, Government Contract Practice
CohnReznick LLP • Tysons, VA
Posted 5 days ago
CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity located in our Tysons office. We are looking for an Assurance Senior Manager to join our Government Contract Industry Practice.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service and interested in working with government contractors from various industries (IT, manufacturing, energy, etc.)
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
The Assurance Senior Manager reports directly to the Partners of the firm. Our senior managers oversee, mentor, and develop staff, and will be the primary lead on client engagements assigned. Your focus will initially be on the following 5 areas:
- Audit and accounting
- Task management and engagement management
- Staff supervision, training and development
- Personal and professional development
- Support and growth of the practice
Assurance Senior Managers drive client engagements, review and prepare financial statements, footnotes, work papers, management letters, agreed upon procedures and other attestation engagements. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. At this level, senior managers effectively analyze client transactions, recognizing and resolving potential or existing problems with appropriate research and consulting. They accept responsibility and utilize firm resources to complete tasks assigned.
- Accept responsibility for, and complete engagements in accordance with client time and budget expectations.
- Make effective use of firm resources to complete a project.
- Manage multiple client projects at any given time.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation within the office. Fosters effective relationships with clients and referral sources.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills and identifies and solves problems with team.
Personal and Professional Development
- Earn confidence, trust and respect from clients and colleagues.
- Continually develop technical skills and industry knowledge. Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking.
- Attend local professional and business organization functions, as well as networking events. Participate in presentations on technical matters.
- Represent the firm in positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment and participate in management of the practice group.
- Actively participate in CohnReznick internal development programs, including staff training courses.
- Participates in proposal writing, prospecting meetings and oral presentations to secure new clients.
- Provides mentorship and leadership to developing staff members.
- Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA required
- Minimum 7-10+ years audit & accounting experience of government contractors in public accounting
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology
- Strong research skills
- Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; audit software, ProSystems or GoSystems, and CCH Engagament experience a plus
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of government contract industry specific matters as it pertains to financial statement presentation such as:
- U.S. Citizen
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@CohnReznick.comPlease note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Learn more: www.cohnreznick.com
Connect with us