To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Linthicum, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Windows Systems Admin
Apex Systems • Linthicum, MD
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems Inc., is immediately seeking a Senior Windows Systems Admin who is a self-starter, highly organized, has a strong drive for quality, and eagerness to learn/grow. This position will support one of our highly-regarded clients in the government arena, and offer a strong upside for growth within the organization.
Client: Enterprise Government Integrator
Location: Linthicum, MD
Compensation: Competitive based on years of relevant experience & education
Clearance: Able to maintain or obtain TS/SCI w/ CI-Poly
Description of Work:
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory, Exchange, and third party migration products for the duration of the contract
- GPO’s, Forests, Trees in AD
- Manage and support the Windows environment ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to the enterprise environment.
- Administer and maintain a Windows-based server network, with a combination of physical and virtual servers; light on virtual.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot group policy and administrative templates via Active Directory
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain server-based applications running on the network including Exchange, Active Directory Services, and Lync.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of active components, resources and key processes.
- Reviewing system and directory services logs.
- Work with other engineers to upgrade current environment to more updated software (ie. Windows 2003 to 2012)
- Analyzes internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements.
- Troubleshoots network hardware and software failures and identifies root cause analysis.
- Active TS/SCI w/ CI-Poly
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years of experience or 12+ years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Degree must be in a Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Communication, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 8570 IAT Level II Compliant; must have one of the following: Security+, CCNA, GICSP, or SSCP
- If not currently active, must be willing/able to obtain within first 6 months
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience within varying Windows systems/products including Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, etc…
- Must have strong experience with Windows Server OS 2012 R2 & 2016 as well as Win OS 2010 Desktop side; to include building these servers from the ground up into production
- Demonstrated experience being part of and/or helping lead large system upgrades/migrations
- Experience supporting and doing basic troubleshooting Layer 2 network type of issues (Vlan, Port Security, VPN, etc…)
- Experience with Network monitoring tools such as Nessus, Retina, ACAS.
- In depth experience with virtualized environments utilizing VMware, to include standing up, configuring, and/or virtualizing full environments.
- Experience installing/configuring SAN/NAS data storage devices
- Experience with NetApp specific product lines is a plus
- Experience in larger government environments supporting Airforce or Navy
- Experience with large systems migrations
- Experience training junior team members
- Experience in virtualized environments spinning up/down VMs
- Any past Network Admin experience
- Experience with RHEL 7 8
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178