Apex Systems Inc., is immediately seeking a Senior Windows Systems Engineer who is a self-starter, highly organized, has a strong drive for quality, and eagerness to learn/grow. This position will support one of our highly-regarded clients in the government arena, and offer a strong upside for growth within the organization.
Client: Enterprise Government Integrator
Location: Linthicum, MD
Compensation: Competitive based on years of relevant experience & education
Clearance: Able to maintain or obtain TS/SCI w/ CI-Poly
Description of Work:
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory, Exchange, and third party migration products for the duration of the contract
- GPO’s, Forests, Trees in AD
- Manage and support the Windows environment ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to the enterprise environment.
- Administer and maintain a Windows-based server network, with a combination of physical and virtual servers; light on virtual.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot group policy and administrative templates via Active Directory
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain server-based applications running on the network including Exchange, Active Directory Services, and Lync.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of active components, resources and key processes.
- Reviewing system and directory services logs.
- Work with other engineers to upgrade current environment to more updated software (ie. Windows 2003 to 2012)
- Analyzes internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements.
- Troubleshoots network hardware and software failures and identifies root cause analysis.
- Active TS/SCI w/ CI-Poly
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years of experience or 12+ years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Degree must be in a Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Communication, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 8570 IAT Level II Compliant; must have one of the following: Security+, CCNA, GICSP, or SSCP
- If not currently active, must be willing/able to obtain within first 6 months
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience within varying Windows systems/products including Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, etc…
- Must have strong experience with Windows Server OS 2012 R2 & 2016 as well as Win OS 2010 Desktop side; to include building these servers from the ground up into production
- Demonstrated experience being part of and/or helping lead large system upgrades/migrations
- Experience supporting and doing basic troubleshooting Layer 2 network type of issues (Vlan, Port Security, VPN, etc…)
- Experience with Network monitoring tools such as Nessus, Retina, ACAS.
- In depth experience with virtualized environments utilizing VMware, to include standing up, configuring, and/or virtualizing full environments.
- Experience installing/configuring SAN/NAS data storage devices
- Experience with NetApp specific product lines is a plus
- Experience in larger government environments supporting Airforce or Navy
- Experience with large systems migrations
- Experience training junior team members
- Experience in virtualized environments spinning up/down VMs
- Any past Network Admin experience
- Experience with RHEL 7 8
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Server (Computer Science)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 971212
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile