Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable, an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
Position Summary: Assure compliance with Airbus Helicopters Inc. policies and procedures and FAA regulations. Perform detailed, functional, operational and dimensional inspections of aircraft, systems and components to determine airworthiness. Responsible for returning aircraft and components to service after production or maintenance.
1. Documentation: 40%
* Research, compile and document all applicable maintenance for airframe, engine, accessories and components in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved regulations and company procedures. Ensure compliance with all applicable calendar/hourly inspections, life limited or cycle limited components, airworthiness directives and alert service bulletins. Document and return airframe, engine, accessories or components to service after production, maintenance, overhaul, repair or modification.
* Compose and prepare all necessary Aircraft delivery documentation (i.e.: weight and balance, FAA form 337, FAA form 8130-3, 8130-6), in relation to qualifying the airworthiness or return to service of aircraft, engines, parts, components and systems. To include but not limited to, ensuring all necessary certification supporting documentation for aircraft repair or modifications has been received, i.e. Designated Engineering Representative (DER) approvals, Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Lighting Evaluation, Human Machine Interface (HMI), Emergency Egress and Cabin Compliance, Flammability Testing, Electrical and Structural approvals. Ensure Technical Standard Orders (TSO) minimum performance standards are met for installation of specified materials, parts and appliances used on civil aircraft Etc....) Determine if FAA field approval is required for installations.
* Inspect and receive incoming material, (i.e. new parts, supplies and repaired parts from vendors). Ensure proper tagging, identification and airworthiness of parts related to Airframe, Engines and Accessories. Detect and report suspected unapproved parts, file FAA form 8120-11 as required.
* Perform conformity inspections for Supplemental Type Certificated (STC) development projects, parts manufacturer approval (PMA) parts, structural and electrical components.
* Ensure compliance with production and repair station policies / procedures / forms and FAA Regulations.
2. Physical inspection, Mechanical & Structural: 35%
* Accomplish in-process and final quality inspections for conformity, maintenance, repair, modification, rework and overhaul of aircraft components and sub-assemblies. Tasks will include "Clearance-to-close" inspections, torque check verifications, dimensional checks, flight control system installation verifications and flight control rigging checks of Airframe, Engine(s), hydraulic, pneumatic, and fuel systems for integrity.
* Must be familiar with composite materials such as pre-impregnated composite carbon, Kevlar and graphite materials and associated types of resins used in composite manufacturing, repairs and their applications.
* Proficient in inspections to determine serviceability or rejection of Composite and Aluminum structures and panels. Includes in-process "Clearance-to-close", dimensional checks, acoustic tap testing or repair inspection of cracks, punctures and scratches.
* Inspect aircraft aluminum, titanium or steel structures for cracks, corrosion, damage and improper assembly. Inspection for proper shimming and joining of structures with rivets or other approved hardware. Inspection of repairs to structure in accordance with approved documentation, engineering disposition, drawings, structural repair manual or standard practices manuals.
* Conduct applicable airframe calendar or hourly inspections, hidden damage inspections of airframe structures and sub-assemblies during manufacturing and for aircraft involved in incidents or accidents.
* Examine fit, function and seal of windows and doors. Installation of seats, instruments and decorative panels. Examine installation of floor, wall coverings and interior upholstery to verify color, quality, and fit of materials.
* Inspect and approve/reject manufactured parts and assemblies for installation, customer purchase and Supplemental Type Certificate projects. Inspect and categorize parts as serviceable, repairable, or rejected/scrap. Validate disposition of parts or repaired parts routed to shop floor, from warehouse, internal shops and vendors for conformity and serviceability in accordance with approved data.
* Perform aircraft physical weight and balance functions and calculations in accordance with AC 43.13-1B, chapter 10 in conjunction with applicable Aircraft Maintenance Manuals.
* Qualify dynamic component parts by visual, precision measurement, and non-destructive testing inspection methods.
* Audit quality procedures and maintenance forms used during maintenance activities to assure compliance with approved methods, current data, and regulatory requirements.
* Monitor calibration checks of precision tools and instruments.
* Able to read and understand Structural blueprints, drawings.
3. Electrical Inspections: 25%
* Inspect and qualify functional or operational tests, check-outs, and adjustments of aircraft radios, navigational and flight control instruments to determine but not limited to power output, circuit continuity, radiation, frequency, electrical load, pressure, and vacuum systems. Inspect instruments such as altimeters, airspeed indicators, directional gyroscopes, transponders and air data computers and their installations for defects and proper routing, security of electrical harnesses, pitot/static pressure lines or damage to instruments and adjacent components.
* Verify installation of aircraft system wiring harnesses, connectors and electrical terminations of sub-assemblies for accuracy, routing and conformity of installation using approved type design data or FAA approved data.
* Observation of instrument connections and use of standard testing devices to determine aircraft system instruments and accessories meet required specifications.
* Inspection and verify testing of emergency locator transmitters (ELT), Transponders, Altimeters, Airspeed Indicators and Air Data Computers in accordance with Title 14 CFR Parts 91, 135 and 43.
* Able to read and understand Electrical blueprints, drawings and production electrical wiring diagrams.
Other duties as assigned at management discretion.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
* Required: High School Diploma or equivalent experience
* Preferred: Associates Degree in aviation or industry related.
* Required: Actively engaged in the field of aviation maintenance quality inspection with a minimum of 4 years related experience performing aircraft mechanical, electrical and structural quality inspection in the following fields; Manufacturing Production Certificate Holder, Repair Station, Airlines or related Military service. Or a minimum of 8 years' experience, performing aircraft mechanic, electrical, structural maintenance and directly responsible for returning aircraft to service under FAA regulations.
* Preferred: Four years of diversified experience on Airbus Helicopter products either as a maintainer or quality inspector.
* Required: Valid FAA Airframe & Power Plant Certificate.
* FAA Inspection Authorization (IA)
* FCC 2nd class license
* Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) certificate.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
* Ability to interpret technical and regulatory documentation.
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel.
* Familiar with inspection tools, aids and devices used in determining tolerances and specification limits.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
* Required: Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
* Preferred: Proficiency in Spanish, French or German.
Technical Systems Proficiency: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and SharePoint. Adobe Acrobat Reader, Basic knowledge of SAP.
Travel Required: 15% or less Domestic and International
Citizenship: US Person under ITAR definition (U.S. Citizen, green card holder or person covered under our existing ITAR license)
Decision Making, Complexity:
Quality inspectors must routinely judge the airworthiness of aircraft and serviceability of repairs, inspections and maintenance to aircraft and safety of operation. Included but is not limited to loss prevention of revenue, property or life. This judgment requires a high-degree of independent decision making and integrity may include making command decisions regarding safety of flight or operation of Aircraft. Inspectors also routinely interface with managers, customers, suppliers, technicians, engineering and other departments for inspection related decisions.
Quality Inspector A reports to the Quality Manager who reports to the VP of Quality North America.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
Quality Inspectors have direct contact with customers during pre and post completion of new aircraft, maintenance and repair of customer owned assets. May be responsible for inspection and return to service of company owned aircraft used for customer pilot training or lease. This position requires a professional individual who is knowledgeable, trustworthy, and personable with a customer and company advocacy mindset.
Nature of Contacts:
* Internal: Technicians, Pilots, Engineers, Management, Designated Airworthiness representative (DAR).
* External: Suppliers, Customers and Federal Regulators.
* Onsite: [please list the percentage of time that this position must be worked onsite at the company's location] 85% or more yearly.
* Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings daily. Must have correctable near and far vision if applicable.
* Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms daily.
* Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications daily.
* Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts daily.
* Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs daily.
* Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs daily.
* Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools daily.
* Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer several times a week.
* Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving. Daily
* Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor daily.
* Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice 15% or less yearly.
* Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces daily.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status
As a leader in our field, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
NOTE: Airbus Helicopters, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Assembly And Installation
- Audio Equipments