To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
- Phone: 678-722-8167
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Engineer IT Software Support
Agile • Atlanta, GA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Lead Engineer IT Software Support Specialist
Our client is seeking a Lead Engineer IT Software Support Specialist to join their team. This person will have the primary responsibility of leading, advising, and coaching a team of entry and intermediate level professionals and support roles.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Providing technical solutions for complex problems for analyzing, designing, coding, debugging and documenting software, including interface components, graphical screens, reports, and high level logic for application system(s)
- Developing strategies for the continued planning, scheduling, and coordination of system tests for reliability, scalability, and maintainability and monitoring test results to take or assign required corrective action
- Leading proofs of concepts and acts as an advisor to Sr. level IT management on strategic decisions concerning legacy and/or new technology
- Facilitating the design, development, and implementation of real-time applications for use in a multi-platform environment
- Implementing complex programs and leading / coordinating project / program and systems documentation according to established IT standards
- Diagnosing complex problems and leading / coordinating cross-team collaboration to resolve
- Providing reports on project development status to software engineering management and other key stakeholders
- Analyzing the stability and health of our systems / environment utilizing monitoring tools
- Leading system upgrades and complex break / fix solutions
- Acting as subject matter expert in focus area(s)
Here's what our ideal candidate has:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques
- Strong knowledge in addition to experience in related software architectures and development methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to display effective verbal and written communication skills when explaining complex technical issues to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, vendors, senior management, and staff
- Ability to establish and maintain a high-level of customer trust and confidence in the software engineering team's knowledge of the customers' business needs
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Systems applications including but not limited to: JAVA, J2EE, OO, XML, Web Services; SQL, REST/JSON
- Soap/XML, Security, Agile experience, SQL, JAVA, Linux (Redhat/Centos)
- Databases: Relational (Oracle)/non-relational (nice to have)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, Bonus, Flexible work environment
Keywords: Java, J2EE, XML, Linux