You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Data Analyst and Report Writer
The Senior Data Analyst/Reporting Manager (Annual Fund/Stewardship/Centers/Admissions) is responsible for strategic business analysis, custom report writing, and reporting queries. Specifically responsible for working with end users to define, develop, and implement custom and standard reports; troubleshooting and streamlining reporting issues and processes; leveraging tools to translate data into usable actionable information for the Advancement Department; serving as primary reporting manager for the Annual Fund, Stewardship, Centers, and Admissions to ensure timely and proactive reporting, in addition to running general reports as needed; and providing guidance and training for all Millennium users.
- Serve as primary liaison with Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving (AEAG) for all reporting needs and manages the schedule for routine mailings such as Babson Magazine, holiday cards, etc.
- Manage all data processes as they pertain to stewardship - pulling complex reports facilitating annual fund and stewardship reporting.
- Manage Center Reporting showing fundraising progress and metrics as defined.
- Manage reporting to Admissions to ensure scholarships funds are awarded in a timely fashion and works with Stewardship in all matters pertaining to scholarship recipients.
- Develop, test, and provide new (and enhance existing) reports in a timely manner in support of all programs within Advancement; collaborate and strategically recommend ideas on how to produce results based on goals.
- Manage activities pertaining to the design, implementation, maintenance, and use of Advancement databases; research and evaluate database file structures, access methods and data relationships; evaluate the impact of any new or changed reports to determine their effect on existing databases; and coordinate the conversion of existing applications and databases.
- Responsible for process improvement which includes evaluating existing systems and procedures and providing technical advice and recommendations for report changes and improvements; consulting with Development and AEAG staff to define user needs, reporting requirements, and problems; and developing reports to be used with existing or new programs to streamline systems and procedures.
- Devise queries, scripts, and packages required to meet the technology needs of the department; document system administration processes & workflows for all assigned systems, applications, and reports; and work with Advancement Services team to provide functional user documentation in support of standard report libraries.
- Troubleshoot data system problems and resolve system related problems.
- Participate in the testing and implementation of upgrades, new releases, and ongoing maintenance of Advancement systems.
- Ensure that all scripting, coding, report writing, etc. meets the standards set by the central IT and Development Divisions with regard to the utilization of source control, languages and techniques used, documentation, etc.
- As a member of the Advancement Systems team, assists in the following team efforts: evaluating complex business problems and effectively communicating alternative solutions at the technical and user levels; collaborate on designing, implementing, and improving processes to ensure data integrity and security as directed.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree in information management, computer sciences or comparable experience
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on programming, integration, analysis, and/or design preferably in higher education or fundraising.
- Must have knowledge of business systems and software applications.
- Ability to independently develop, program, and test application programs.
- Must have proficiency with report writing tools, SQL, PS/SQL and/or related tools strongly preferred.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex system problems.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a deadline-oriented environment required.
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must have flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects.
- Babson College requires all Babson faculty and staff members authorized to work on our campuses or any other property owned or controlled by the College to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We have extended our vaccination policy to require a COVID-19 booster shot for all eligible community members as well. Faculty and staff must provide booster vaccination information upon hire or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster (unless granted a medical accommodation or religious exemption). Requests for medical accommodation or religious exemption should be addressed directly to Human Resources
- May require occasional nights and/or weekend work
- Experience in a higher education fundraising environment preferred
- Knowledge of Sage Millennium and Crystal Reports preferred
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Systems
- Crystal Reports (Reporting Software)
- Data System
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g35o4r1
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.