Come join the team at Kaytee in Chilton, where you have the opportunity to work with products for birds, hamsters, rabbits and other small animals. Our Pet Segment is seeking a Warehouse Supervisor on 2nd shift to be a part of our Kaytee division based in Chilton, WI. We offer a clean work environment with free uniforms, onsite fitness center and an onsite Health & Wellness clinic for employees and their families. Other benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, free life and disability insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k contributions, along with a yearly profit-sharing bonus. $5000 sign on bonus. Relocation assistance is available!
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Manage shift of 25-35 employees involved in order selection, truck loading, unloading and various material handling functions.
- Manage staffing levels, assignments, overtime, priorities and performance to maximize productivity and customer service.
- Manage inbound product movement from manufacturing facilities, and suppliers to insure efficiency and inventory accuracy.
- Manage off-site warehousing and 3rd party storage as needed to ensure most cost-effective method utilized.
- Manage outbound scheduling of customer and Kaytee routed shipments to insure timely and accurate loading.
- Overall responsibility for inventory transaction accuracy and timeliness. Monitor accuracy, and review customer claims for variance.
- Monitor mechanical performance of equipment and facilities, coordinating corrective action with Maintenance personnel.
- Manage compliance with food safety, housekeeping and other quality initiatives. Self-audit performance and development and training of various quality policies and procedures.
- Act as the liaison between shifts in Distribution, crossing over information to insure consistency of priorities.
- Proactive advocate as it relates to safety, minimizing exposure to incidents, recordable and lost time injuries.
- Monitor and report on various shift performance measurements.
- Monitor product code-dates and ensure compliance with product rotation and customer dating requirements.
- Responsible for reporting any Food Safety issues to authorized personnel for correction.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of 2-5 year’s previous supervisory experience in a warehouse or similar fast-paced environment.
- A Supervisory Management Degree is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to define performance measures related to defined goals; hold associates accountable for the same.
- Ability to foster a positive work environment with open communication.
- Demonstrate positive leadership skills including strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and team building skills.
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to obtain a Kaytee Forklift license.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and SAP is helpful; but will train.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (add, subtract, multiple and divide).
- Promote teamwork, safe work environment, and positive culture
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Understand production policies and procedures regarding Safety, quality and operations.
- Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment.
- Warehouse temperatures can vary due to outside temperatures.
- Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours (2nd shift) and average at least 40 hours a week.
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.