DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) - Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas. This opening is located at our Moncks Corner, SC facility.
DAK Americas is a division of URL blocked - click to apply, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of URL blocked - click to apply, one of Mexico's largest corporations.
- Will be responsible for operating and maintaining process and systems of plant equipment for the production of steam, compressed air and water treatment plant.
- Monitor and maintain the continuous control process, in both a control room environment and physical plant inspection, to ensure the normal operation of the power plant.
- Operate and assist in the operation of air compressors, pumps, boilers, demineralizers, filtered water equipment and associated equipment to provide an uninterruptable service.
- Perform minor preventive and corrective maintenance to ensure safety and reliability of equipment.
- The job requires working 12 hour rotating shifts while standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Employees must be able to work scheduled (planned) days and unscheduled (unplanned/short notice) hours on off days as needed to meet business needs.
DAK Americas LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. DAK Americas LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to obtain a SC Biological Wastewater Operators license
- Experience working with MS Office
- Knowledge of steam generation, water filtration, refrigeration equipment
- Prior experience in process plant operations
- Experience in de-energizing and locking out equipment and/or systems
- Knowledge of print reading
- Experience in writing procedures