Dice is the leading career destination for tech experts at every stage of their careers. Our client, Infobahn Softworld Inc., is seeking the following. Apply via Dice today!
Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
Senior level Systems Engineer who will be responsible for the design, administration, and troubleshooting of the client's storage and server infrastructure. The position will also be responsible for coordinating activities with Support Desk Engineers, suppliers, and our telecommunications and service partners, globally.
This role requires expert level abilities in managing enterprise storage, Linux and Solaris systems and a great deal of dedication to meeting planned timelines and applying analytical skills to swiftly resolve issues. This position also demands a candidate with superior customer service acumen and great attention to detail, fact finding and clear and concise communications.
- Expert knowledge of UNIX operating systems (RedHat Linux, CentOS 7, Solaris).
- Advanced knowledge of Solaris and SUN hardware.
- Configure and maintain hardware load balancers.
- Proficiency with hardware configuration, software installation and configuration.
- Schedule regular maintenance for the application of security patches and firmware upgrades for network devices and software.
- Respond to events from multiple monitoring tools, with the goal of restoration of service.
- Working Storage experience with iSCSI SAN, FC SAN, NAS, multipathing technologies on Dell, EMC, and Pure storage.
- Communicate clearly and accurately with clients as to the findings of the troubleshooting performed.
- Experience working with Weblogic and MQ series configuration and application deployments.
- Ensure procedures are followed as it pertains to industry compliance requirements and communicate necessary updates to procedures as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of a variety of status reports to various levels of the organization.
- Summarize, record, and track problem events and follow up using the Static1 ticketing system.
- Liaise with a various internal stakeholders and business partners, including the Static1 Executive Team, Operations and Engineering, and Support Desk.
- Mentor and instruct other Support Engineers and Support Desk staff.
The following skills represent the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- 5 + years' experience working within enterprise class storage (Dell/EMC)
- 5 + years' experience working with Linux and Solaris
- 3+ years' experience working with Dell/EMC VxRail Platform
- Proficiency in configuring and maintaining devices from the following manufacturers - F5, Dell, EMC
- Experience using trouble ticket systems and SNMP Monitoring tools.
- Strong Ethics and Integrity, customer focus, results-driven, teamwork, communications, adaptability, quality, initiative, problem solving and analysis.
- Dell/EMC, storage, Linux certifications are a plus.
- ITIL certification is a plus.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Must have ability to work autonomously and without supervision.
Minimum requirements questions
- Do you have 5+ years' experience working within enterprise class storage (Dell/EMC)?
- Do you have 5+ years' experience working with Linux and Solaris?
- Do you have 3+ years' experience working with Dell/EMC VxRail Platform?
- Do you have any or all of the following certifications: Dell/EMC, Storage, Linux, and or ITIL?
- Attention To Detail
- Cent Os