Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we're on a mission to Protect Life. We're explorers, pursuing society's most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you'll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
The Consumer TASER business unit is critical to our mission to obsolete the bullet by providing non lethal alternatives to guns. The personal self-defense market is substantial at $2.5B+ and Axon currently is a tiny fraction. You have the ability to change that dynamic and provide safer TASER and stun gun options for personal self-defense needs.
As the VP/General Manager of this nascent and high-potential product category, you must be a fearless leader who relishes taking on bold challenges, thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment and is truly passionate about driving transformative societal outcomes while also building a crucial business that supports the extension of Axon's mission to protect life.
As the VP/General Manager of Consumer TASER, you will report directly to the CFO/CBO and have responsibility for this line of business. You will directly own the P&L, partner with Axon's hardware product and engineering teams, and serve as the single-threaded leader of the Consumer business, while working with Marketing and PR to maintain a consistent brand strategy as well as with Finance, your peer VP/GMs of our other lines of business and our CEO who is personally passionate about the mission.
This role requires an entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to understand and target a consumer while driving product market fit. You will also be responsible for growing a diverse sales pipeline including affiliate relationships, distributor relationships, and direct to consumer routes-to-market. You will have the opportunity to leverage your experience and build a nascent business into a strong consumer brand that is obsessed with the customer and knows how to win right.
So, why bring your considerable talents to Axon?
We are all here at Axon because we are both deeply passionate about our mission - and equally passionate about being creative builders to deliver results.
We are already the world's leading provider of both de-escalation tools like TASER, and police Body-Worn Cameras powered by cloud-based Digital Evidence Management. We are still Founder-led after nearly 30 years, and we have a world-class team of builders who are dedicated to re-imagining the rest of the technology stack that underlies public safety. From IoT devices like cameras and other sensors, to high-scale and high-security SAAS services, to an ethics-first approach to applying Machine Learning and AI to our extraordinarily compelling data sets and customer scenarios, to the underlying platform infrastructure that powers it all - if you're a builder, and if you're passionate about aligning your work with your values and impact in the world, we'd love for you to come build with us.
Once again, we write code to save lives. Every single day.
Your Day to Day
* Lead the vision, plan, execution and operations of our current and future products in Consumer TASER
* Own the P&L for the Consumer TASER line of business; from unit economics (revenue to gross margin), SG&A, and partner with Axon's Product and Engineering organization on R&D investments
* Refine, shape, and grow our business across all key metrics - financial, engagement/adoption, customer delight, internal team health
* Delight customers and earn their trust by forging close personal relationships and delivering world-class execution on commitments
* Build and grow a small team into a consumer powerhouse
* Bring a consumer lens to the business on everything from packaging to pricing to customer service
* Collaborate cross-functionally with Axon's Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, Legal, PR, and Finance to pilot commercial and product initiatives to grow the business
What You Bring
* 10+ years of consumer experience
* 5+ years in leadership roles, with proven experience managing teams of at least 50 people, including having directly managed both product management and sales
* Thirst to engage in a "roll up your sleeves" player/coach team environment
* Ability to strategically define and operationally execute within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, and complex environment
* Possess critical thinking and analytical skills, including the capacity to identify, assess, and prioritize competing deadlines and needs
* Proven experience owning a P&L and working cross-functionally to partner on G&A requirements
* Excellent problem solving skills, written and verbal communication
* Outstanding leadership presence and ability to question and challenge the status quo at all levels of the organization
Benefits that Benefit You
* Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
* Discretionary paid time off
* Paid parental leave for all
* Medical, Dental, Vision plans
* Fitness Programs
* Emotional & Mental Wellness support
* Learning & Development programs
* And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 300,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 400,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 500,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 700,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits
Don't meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you're excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon's mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon's impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We're committed to hiring the best talent - regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances - and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
- Business Development
- Business Administration
- Team Building
- Relationship Building