You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Mid Level Java Developer
This role is supporting a Government Contract, this role will require proof of US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. Candidates with a current Active Secret Clearance will be prioritized.
The Java Developer will work with an experienced IT team on the continued development of proprietary software systems for operational and business needs. The ideal candidate will bring years of experience in programming, systems architecture, and data management. The skills and experience will be instrumental to develop and scale software systems for our operations and business needs. The position requires technical proficiency, the ability to organize time, the ability to proactively meet deadlines, and the ability to positively influence and interact with non-technical employees. Verbal and written communication skills are key as this position and inter-department presentations are required at times to demonstrate the ability of systems and planned software releases or to gather information to assess project needs.
- Will develop and write computer programs to store, locate and retrieve specified documents, data, and information for internal and external use.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution.
- Refine and automate processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Evaluate and analyze business data and recommend appropriate next steps to achieve objectives.
- Provide statistical analysis to develop, test, and optimize databases to their full potential.
- Lead Alpha/Beta testing efforts for database and project rollouts.
- Create regular reporting summarizing key metrics and trends to key team members and Management.
- Drive results and leverage past experiences to improve the environment and related processes.
- Coordinate with other departments to update and integrate processes, as necessary.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure integration and performance expectations are met as well as allow for future flexibility to meet changing business needs.
Education & Training
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Security+ Certification is required at the Start Date
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3 Years in J2EE
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience as a Java Developer.
- Minimum of 2+ years of Data Analysis or Project Management experience.
- Experience and/or familiarity with FileMaker.
- Familiarity with Cloud Services integration
- Beta Testing
- Business Requirements
- Cloud Computing
- Data Analysis
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: ga8ncnb
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.