To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
300 Sparkman Drive Northwest
Huntsville, AL 35805
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Systems Administrator/Data Base Admin
Teledyne Technologies • Huntsville, AL
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Teledyne provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets. We have evolved from a company that was primarily focused on aerospace and defense to one that serves multiple markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, oceanographic research, air and water quality environmental monitoring, factory automation and medical imaging.Position Summary and Responsibilities
The System Administrator/DBA will work with a team in the design, implementation, and operation/maintenance of Teledyne’s server infrastructure. This includes the following technologies: Microsoft Windows server, RedHat Linux, Citrix, VMWare, and NetApp technology stacks, as well as a host of other associated software and hardware vendors. The position and will have direct report to the manager of the Teledyne Server Team. The position will not have direct management responsibilities; however, they may act in a lead role for certain enterprisewide technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- IT Server Infrastructure Policy, Process, and Standards – The position will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining infrastructure solutions consistent with IT infrastructure policy, processes, and associated standards. This includes asset management and license compliance from both a hardware and software perspective. The position will also contribute to the development of infrastructure capacity planning.
- Server – The position will be responsible for multiple server environments. This will include the architecture, security, administration, project, and client needs. The position will install new software releases, perform system upgrades, install and evaluate new patches, and resolve software related problems.
- Storage – The position will be responsible for certain data storage systems that support various server systems. This will include the architecture of the environment, security, and administration. The position must be experienced with operating systems, Storage Area Networks (SAN), and backup/recovery solutions.
- Database – The position will be responsible for basic database administration in support of systems that utilize SQL for their back end storage.
- Maintenance – The position will perform regular application administrative tasks, monitor systems, and respond to alerts. The position will work closely with the TSS Server Team manager to establish and execute the lifecycle refresh for the server infrastructure.
- General Support – The position will require the troubleshooting of various malfunctions of hardware and software applications, and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
Note: The person in this position must have a deep understanding of all components of the server infrastructure with the ability and willingness to learn new technologies as they emerge in the environment.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- SQL server, Clustering, upgrades, Maintenance and Performance tuning
- Experience with Oracle 10g-18c
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard and backup technologies
- Microsoft Windows Server technologies: DHCP, DNS, DFS, WSUS, Group Policy
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- VMware technologies
- Backup systems and methodologies
- Basic Scripting (Powershell, Python, BASH, etc.)
- Dell, HP, or Cisco server maintenance
- Intermediate Networking Skills
- Experience with Enterprise storage arrays (preferably NetApp)
- Experience in implementing multi-tier infrastructure
- Experience with implementing, troubleshooting, and securing multi-tier applications
- Experience in providing technical services in a Customer Service Environment
- Ability to carry out responsibilities and tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to be available in off hours for emergency situations
- Experience with Citrix technologies (XenApp, Netscaler)
- Experience with Cisco UCS environments
- Experience with large Commvault backup implementations
- Good working knowledge of SharePoint
- Experience in application performance tuning
- Experience in designing implementing Enterprise Disaster Recovery environments
- Experience with remote management, configuration, and monitoring technologies (Solarwinds, Microsoft System Center, WMI, SNMP, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to write effective reports, handle business correspondence, present information both verbally and in writing and respond to questions from all levels within the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- US Citizenship with ability to attain/maintain government security clearance required
- Active Government Security Clearance preferred
- Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) greater than approximately 10%
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time using of close and color vision, the ability to adjust focus and perceive depth