Do you want to be part of a team that makes a difference?
High Road School of Anne Arundel County is looking for a full-time social worker.
About the school: High Road School services students with emotional disabilities and Autism in grades K-12. Hours: 8:00-3:30 pm, Monday through Friday for the duration of the school year (Aug-June)
- Provide overall case management consisting of scheduling and facilitating team meetings, record keeping, overseeing the development and implementation of treatment plans and coordination of related service
- Provide clinical service to assigned families using individual, parent-child or family sessions in order to assist family members to resolve personal and environmental problems identified as having an impact on the student
- Promote families’ understanding of students’ disabilities and functioning in the High Road School program
- Inform families of agency and community resources available to them and facilitate referrals as appropriate
- Coordinate with High Road School staff members and other health, education, welfare, and related agencies to address students’ needs
- Provide individual/group therapy to student, as stated on IEP
- Document social work services in accordance with agency standards
- Write mental health goals on IEP as appropriate
- Assume clinical responsibilities throughout program as assigned
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Social Work from a university accredited by the Council on Social Work Education is required
- Certification as a Licensed Certified Social Worker—Clinical designation by the State of Maryland Board of Social Workers is preferred. Licensed Graduate Social Workers may be hired and given appropriate clinical supervision.
- Minimum of one year of experience in working with seriously emotionally disturbed children and their families is desirable for Licensed Certified Social Workers.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively with school team and support classroom staff
- Ability to hear and implement feedback a must!
Must be a licensed social worker with at least two years experience in field. Must have thorough knowledge of testing and evaluation techniques and competent in assessment procedures and interpretation of the results.
Must have demonstrated ability to communicate with students, families and school personnel. Excellent time management, organizational, verbal and written communications skills are essential. Computer literacy preferred.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
Licensed Master Social Worker