Collects and analyzes historical data, prepares graphs and reports, analyzes and reports trends, and provides forecast estimates for regular line products using established statistical techniques and forecasting rationale.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interact with the Regional and Local Marketing teams to evaluate reasonableness of forecast quantities (which involves the use of Monte Carlo Simulations and other predictive analytic techniques), unit sales prices and gross margins compared to historical product launches.
• Consolidate Product Demand Reports and identify overall and category sales trends over the past several years.
• Identify similarities and differences in promotion tactics as compared to past promotions to assess factors that cause sales-to-forecast variances.
• Participates in multi-functional consensus forecast review meetings for each assigned market with Regional Marketing and managers from each market’s Marketing, Inventory Control, Operations, and Finance groups to discuss their market’s plans for a given promotional campaign, overall sales trends, and product supply issues as they relate to SKU demand, sales, and Sales Force forecasts.
• Under close supervision, initiates and maintains the structure for each assigned market’s sales forecast data within the Company’s product sales databases.
• Provide training on company’s product sales databases to key Marketing users.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Market Research, Business Administration, Marketing or other business related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: 0-2 years of experience of analysis experience.
• Strong PC skills with in-depth knowledge of MS Office tools, specifically MS Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
• Strong analytical skills required to resolve complex tasks.
• Experience using Tableau, Agile, and JD Edwards preferred, but not required. Knowledge of SQL Query language beneficial.
• Excellent communication and diplomacy skills to interact at all levels with non-financial areas within the Company, as well as markets where cultural differences exist.
• Individual needs a balance of creativity & innovation combined with excellence in execution.
• Highly flexible and adaptable to handle ever changing priorities.