The Westin Houston Downtown is located in Houston, 1,000 feet from Minute Maid Park and 1,650 feet from George R. Brown Convention Center. The property has 200 rooms which includes 20 suites.
The Director of Sales & Marketing is primarily responsible for leading & driving top line revenue strategy for traditional sales related segments to include group, volume transient & catering. The individual is additionally responsible for staying ahead of market trends, market share movement and ongoing competitive hotel analysis, while directing the property sales teams (rooms & catering) to ensure budgeted revenues are met or exceeded. The Director of Sales & Marketing is also responsible for developing and implementing a marketing communications plan designed to achieve the desired positioning for the hotel, as well as managing the sales and marketing budget that supports revenue attainment. Responsibilities
• Responsible for leading & driving top line revenue for traditional sales segments to include group, volume transient & catering.
• Will manage the Sales team and collaborate with Revenue management to maximize REVPAR and grow market share by developing pricing strategies and utilizing social media to recruit new business through weekly strategy meetings.
• Provides weekly reports to Revenue Management which supports the group contribution and forecasting for the hotel.
• Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluates trends within the market and ensures that the Sales Team is held accountable for those accounts within their respective territories.
• Direct measures to ensure Hotel meets and/or exceeds Net Operating Income (NOI).
• Assesses & reacts to market trends, market share & the competitive hotel environment.
• Develops and implements a marketing communications plan designed to achieve the desired positioning of the hotel, as well as manage the sales & marketing budget that supports all initiatives.
• Act as the hotel's voice of the customer and communicate key issues/concerns at all levels of the organization.
• Fluent in reading/assimilating/using CBRE data, Agency/Demand, financial P&L, mix of sales, forecasting, group pace/position & a wide array of traditional hotel reporting.
• Ability to understand and communicate market trends, demand generators, supply/demand and economic factors affecting hotel performance.
• Conduct comprehensive competitive set reviews, SWOT analysis & keep tabs on new supply.
• Understand GEO source & ability to develop a plan to penetrate the primary markets.
• Develop/implement key segment strategy & managing key accounts (both existing & target).
• Design effective sales deployment schemes & market assignments.
• Develop sales goals designed to achieve budget & market share targets.
• Manage group pace measurement and set sales production goals.
• Manage sales activity & travel schedule.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in Marketing or Business.
• At least 3 years' experience as a sales leader in a Full-Service hotel- Marriott experience preferred.
• Experience dealing with communicating with hotel ownership and corporate leadership.
• Proficient in managing/using sales automation (CI/TY) & PMS systems.
• Experience working collaboratively with revenue management, operations, and corporate marketing team.
• Well-rounded knowledge of all market segments and channel sources, as well as ability to develop a strategic plan for each.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to direct, lead, train, motivate & drive a direct sales team; and develop a cooperative & competitive team spirit & winning attitude.
• Must be proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Direct Selling