To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cranbury, NJ 08512
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Anixter Inc • Cranbury, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
Supply Chain and Operations Internship
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. If you are looking for a great work environment and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
We're looking for a summer 2019 Supply Chain and Operations Intern to work at our distribution center in Cranbury, NJ. Our Supply Chain and Operations Internship Program is a 10-12 week paid program that will encompass all aspects of operations within our Operations Network. Interns will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience in Warehouse Management, Supply Chain Planning, and Distribution in a customized program. Our interns will also have the chance to learn about our sales process and support functions to help them gain a full understanding of a global distribution business. Throughout the summer you will work on a capstone project that will add value to our business and give you valuable experience for your career. The project, and its outcomes, will be presented to a panel of business leaders at the end of the internship at our corporate offices in Glenview, IL.
To be successful in this role, the following qualities must come natural to you:
- You’re highly organized and detail oriented. You always have an extra pen for those friends who forgot theirs. You may even be a huge fan of color coding.
- Must be absolutely committed to follow through on service commitments. You feel like you let your customers or teachers down if you do not finish your projects on time.
- You’re self-directed, motivated and goal oriented. You do not wait to hear from your manager before starting your work day and you always have a plan.
- You must be an excellent problem solver. You know there’s always more to the story and you dig to find the answer.
- Sitting still is not fun for you. Our warehouses are fast paced, non-stop action. So you’ll be expected to be a quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll get your hands dirty in this internship. You’ll be processing work before starting on your project so that you have a great understanding of the process you’re trying to improve. So, you must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for prolonged periods of time, and walk frequently.
Still interested? Here’s what it will take to be successful in this role (Qualifications):
- Must be a 2nd semester junior or senior currently enrolled full time in an undergraduate program.
- Business, Supply Chain or Logistics background preferred, but we will consider any Business related major.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to pass reference check.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- Must have unrestricted right to work in the United States.
- Must have recent or relevant work experience or related college involvement.
- Must be living in or expressed interest in moving to the location of internship (Sorry, housing and relocation expenses will not be offered for this position.)
- Must be willing to travel to Glenview, IL for a couple of days in August.
About Anixter – Who We Are
We enable the connected world. From securer facilities and communities, to more efficient networks and industrial environments, we deliver the infrastructure solutions—and intelligence—that sustain our customers businesses. Through our superior product offerings, unmatched global distribution network, expert supply chain management and technical know-how, we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit our customer’s bottom line.
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
Anixter, with over $7 billion in annual revenue, adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to 1) innovative supply chain solutions, 2) over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory, 3) approximately 320 warehouses/branch locations with approximately 9 million square feet of space and 4) locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Keywords: internship, business, operations, supply chain, safety, warehouse, forklift, pick, pack, receive, packing, picking, receiving, wire, cable, retail, csr, customer service, production, assembly, laborer, sort, sorting, clerk, ship, shipping, deliver, cycle, count, inventory, quality, investigate, research, FIFO, ups, fedex, dhl, TL, LTL, parcel, freight, truck load, 5S, six sigma, cdl, will call, dock, replenish, load, unload, WMS, as400, fulfillment, coordinator, administration, distribution, specialist, military, Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard