The Business Unit Strategy & Finance Manager will play a critical role in both the day-to-day operations and long-term strategy of CCC’s Pharmaceutical business unit by applying critical and economic thinking to a variety of business problems. The successful candidate must have excellent analytical and communication skills, and be comfortable working in a highly autonomous, fast paced environment.
We are a leading provider of top quality rigid packaging. Our organization consists of approximately 2,600 employees in over 60 locations. We are a customer driven company with proven expertise in the areas of custom design, supply chain fulfillment and diverse manufacturing platforms. We are a company that is passionate about helping our clients succeed. Companies nationwide rely on Consolidated Container Company to provide products, support innovation, facilitate marketing decisions and improve business performance in their daily operations. Our talented and diverse team of employees rivals all others in the industry.
We have the opportunity to drive innovation, cultivate insights and build unique solutions for our clients. We take pride in our work, and our workforce, and believe in cultivating an atmosphere that supports success.
What sets Consolidated Container Company apart from any other company is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. On a daily basis, we exemplify our Guiding Principles:
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat Others with Dignity and Respect
- Seek Fulfillment in Your Work
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allow our employees to feel valued and excited about the impact Consolidated Container Company has on both consumers and clients who use our products. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
Want to learn more about Consolidated Container Company?
Please visit our website at: URL blocked - click to apply
Consolidated Container Company is committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and Roth feature, CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to have a work life balance ensuring they are at their best in whatever they do. We offer a generous holiday, vacation and time off program as well as opportunities to contribute to our local communities and broader scale sustainability efforts.
We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees’ efforts and accomplishments both locally and companywide, In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions, seminars and a generous tuition reimbursement benefit.
Strategic Planning & Analysis:
- Perform financial and economic analysis to evaluate capacity expansions, cost saving opportunities, commercial strategies, and other strategic initiatives
- Prepare and present concise business cases to senior management including CFO and CEO
- Manage the annual planning process for the Pharmaceutical business unit
- Prepare materials for Board meetings and internal business reviews
- Support M&A due diligence and integration work streams
- Prepare monthly P&L forecasts and variance analyses
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Help to establish appropriate accounting controls, processes, and procedures to support an accurate and smooth closing of monthly financials
- Support the month-end closing process
- Conduct variance analysis and research sources of variances
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, & PP&E
- Monitor and report on operational performance of the Pharmaceutical Business Unit
- Identify waste reduction opportunities through benchmarking and Zero-Based Analysis, and work with Plant Managers to drive improvements
- Validate the economic return of investment requests made by plants
- Inventory analysis and evaluation of slow moving SKUs
- Provide support in establishing optimum inventory levels and production plans
- Advise on commercial deal terms (pricing, volume commitments, competitive benchmarking clauses, etc) and provide recommendations to senior management
- Partner with sales team to identify and pursue market opportunities that are aligned with CCC’s strategic vision and value proposition
- Evaluate and report on the business’ Sales Force Effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical field (Business, Finance, Engineering, Economics, etc)
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience (Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development, FP&A, Investment Banking).
- Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (including advanced financial modeling) combined with ability to think strategically
- Ability to communicate the results of complex analysis clearly and effectively to a wide audience
- Ability to lead through formal and informal channels
- Ability to influence and guide strategy across multiple functions and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and drive value across a range of projects in a variety of disciplines
- Position can be located in Atlanta, GA or Sparta, TN; ability to travel 50%+
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Business Performance Management