Facility Maintenance Technician (Property Maintenance)Motel 6 / Studio 6
About the role
Come join a company that has been growing rapidly and outperforming the market segment over the last 5 years. G6 Hospitality, which represents the Motel 6 and Studio 6 brands have initiated a system-wide renovation effort, invested in technology and has expanded globally. Specifically, within the Human Resources team we have recently made new investments in technology to better support our team members and put a greater focus on talent management, career pathing and development.
What you will be doing
In this maintenance position you will have the ability to learn on the job, watching and observing outside vendors, as well as Area Maintenance Technicians (AMPs). This is the perfect role for someone that wants to grow in this field and already has some basic experience in hotel or apartment maintenance. We don't expect applicants to "know it all." If you have the basics, we can teach you the rest. Having the basics, (painting, disassembling locks, general handyman skills) will set you up for success at Motel 6 / Studio 6.
Our Facility Maintenance Technician (Property Maintenance) role is responsible for the overall maintenance of the property and equipment. The person serving as Property Maintenance is responsible for keeping our properties to brand standards by completing interior and exterior repairs. While the person serving as Property Maintenance owns the upkeep of a single property, helping with repairs at neighboring properties may be needed. We are dedicated to providing you a safe environment and giving you the training to help you excel in your role. Lastly, it is difficult to find any environment that offers the room for growth, defined career paths and stability that we offer our Maintenance Teams.
The "top six @ 6"
- Complete duties as outlined in the Preventive Maintenance Program
- Conduct routine maintenance orders such as paint and drywall repairs, routine electrical and plumbing maintenance, adjustment to the climatic control system, installing television sets, replacing/repairing locks, etc.
- Record and keep required maintenance records
- Keep work shop in order and tool kit inventory in place
- Providing maintenance services in partnership with requests from the property team
- Report par stock needs to manager and maintain tools and equipment
- Notify management where major repairs are needed
What we are searching for
The Facility Maintenance Technician (Property Maintenance ensures the property is continuously in pristine condition for our guests and Team Members. To do so requires:
- Being a stickler for detail
- Working proactively
- Having thoughtfulness about your work
- Ongoing communication with the General Manager and Area Maintenance Technician (AMPs) to address any opportunities
We feel the successful candidate has these qualifications and experience:
- Basic understanding of general maintenance, painting, carpentry, plumbing and electrical
- Experience with HVAC and/or chiller equipment is preferred, but not required
- Ability to handle basic tools, (E.g. drill, saw, etc.)
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Basic communication skills
- Ability to work safely, independently AND follow written/verbal instructions
What it's like at G6
At G6 Hospitality our Team Members......
- Explore a fulfilling career path full of possibilities
- Learn from the best and brightest people in the hospitality industry
- Connect with the community, employees and leadership
- Are authentic and are appreciated for who they are
- Smile and have someone smile back at them
What will you have room to do?
750 Raintree DriveCarlsbad, CA 92009