You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Civil Engineer 1
Pay Rate: $34 on W2
Job Title: Civil Engineer 1
Location: Overland Park (remote)
Duration: 12 Months
This is an Civil Engineer 1 level so team is looking for someone who is a new grad or with 0-6 months experience. Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering. This position is contract to hire and can work virtual from home anywhere in the United States.
Has an opportunity for an Civil Site Design Engineer in the Telecommunications business line. The opportunity is contract, potential to convert to full time employee. The Electric Vehicle Civil Site Design Engineer 1 will assist the lead civil engineer with land development opportunities for both the public and private sector. This position is one where growth opportunities exist within our organization. We are looking to find individuals who pride themselves on delivering successful projects to our clients while building relationships internally and externally to the firm. This includes assisting in:
- Coordinating with our land survey team
- Coordinating with other project disciplines
o Permitting Team
o Structural Engineers
o Graphic Team
- Interacting with various jurisdictional entities
- Coming up with brilliant design solutions
- Help to ensure a quality experience for our clients
Day-to-day, will work closely with lead civil manager, other discipline staff, and jurisdictional reviewers. Will be an integral part of delivering the project for the client.
- Site/civil development including grading design, parking lot layout design, erosion and sediment control design.
- Responsible to help lead civil engineer keep track of design expectations, timelines, budgets, and project details.
- Ensuring that design documents meet local, state, federal and best practice standards.
- May work with local, state, and federal authorities regarding requisite approvals necessary for the project.
- Work as a team to ensure that quality assurance and quality controls are maintained prior to issuing documents externally.
- Help to identify and solve complex technical issues related to projects to minimize project risk.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Specialist with site development experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience: 0-2 years of experience in Site-Civil.
- Demonstrated Knowledge: We are looking for someone who has design experience and/or passion with regards to grading design, parking lot design, green infrastructure, and storm water management.
- Passion: Someone who is passionate about their community and their profession. Someone willing to learn and grow within the organization.
- People Skills: Exceptional interpersonal skills, proactive, ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Communication: Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills. Must be a strong listener of client needs. Superior telephone and presentation skills a must.
No experience required. Requires a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from either a recognized ABET accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
CIVIL SITE DESIGN
Languages: English ( Speak, Read, Write)
Minimum Degree Required:
- Customer Relationship Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gf0ffa9
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.