Job Title: IT Security Compliance Analyst
Job Type: 6-month contract to hire
Location: St. Petersburg, FL or Remote
This position will provide support for the Information Technology Compliance Programs and will be responsible for the execution of the IT controls program and established processes to meet stated priorities, including leading, developing, and maintaining the IT controls program. The IT Security Compliance Analyst develops and maintains standards, processes, and procedures to assess, monitor, report, escalate, and manage remediation of IT control and compliance related issues. This individual will work collaboratively with internal audit, enterprise risk management, and technical teams in the design and implementation of IT controls. This function will include strong collaboration with functional ITS and business leaders to drive IT control and compliance practices and adoption across the company.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing training, guidance, support and IT control and compliance status reporting to the company to build awareness of and promote a progressive and sustainable compliance culture
- Design, implement, and oversee execution of the IT controls program including periodic control testing (e.g., design and effectiveness) sufficient to meet regulatory requirements and to satisfaction of internal/external auditors
- Implement and maintain IT controls catalogue and related documentation sufficient to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures
- Verify user and system security configurations for compliance with internal and external requirements; Collect and maintain appropriate evidence and supporting documentation
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and liaise with ITS and business unit control owners to collect, report, and retain compliance documentation
- Identify control gaps and potential remediation steps; lead and/or assist process re-design and coordination of remediation efforts
- Collaborate with and advise ITS and business unit resources on implementing IT controls that achieve risk and control objectives while striking a balance between costs vs. benefits
- Respond to internal and external (clients and business partners) due diligence inquiries and requests for information related to information technology controls and security
- Identify and report on IT control program status and metrics; Assist with Audit Committee and Board reporting
- Document and maintain risk-based compliance policies and procedures; Develop and maintain IT controls related content for the Information Security & Compliance intranet site
- Assist in effective management of internal and external audit efforts and partnership; Drive for timely submission of critical audit and compliance deliverables
- Some supervisory or team-lead experience required of company personnel and/or external consultants on a periodic basis. Performing QA reviews of IT controls related work products (e.g., user attestations packages) and client assistance documentation prior to delivering to internal and external auditors, clients, and business partners.
- Lead and/or participate in special project teams supporting general business initiatives outside of the primary Information Security & Compliance function
- Maintain knowledge of legislation and regulation changes related to the financial industry; understanding of applicable finance industry security and privacy regulations, procedures and issues, and assist in ensuring the organization remains compliant with such laws and regulations.
- Assist in the creation of and updates to department documentation including operating procedures, RACI charts, and process diagrams
- Assist with IT-related aspects of vendor risk management program functions (e.g., risk assessments, due diligence documentation reviews, control testing, contract reviews).
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Eight (8) years of related work experience in a public accounting firm and/or consulting experience
- A combination of at least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in IT Internal/External Auditing and five (5) years of experience in internal control projects in the private industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline required.
- Risk management, governance or IT control certification (e.g., CISA, CRISC, CGEIT) or ability to obtain within six months.
- Other relevant professional certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified ScrumMaster(CSM) are desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Theoretical knowledge and practical application of major risk and IT control frameworks, IT industry standards, and financial services regulations surrounding IT (e.g., PCI, NIST, ISO27000 series of standards, FFIEC, CMM, COBIT, ITIL, COSO)
- Solid knowledge of SSAE18 internal control reports (e.g., SOC1, SOC2)
- Ability to apply understanding of IT security/controls risk vs. business impact in decision making
- Proficiency in using word processing, flow charting (e.g., Visio) and advanced features of spreadsheet computer software applications
- Project management skills including ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with ITS and business resources to drive internal control, process improvement, and remediation efforts
Cash Or Share Options
Certified Fraud Examiner
Certified In The Governance Of Enterprise It
Certified Fraud Examination
Certified In Risk And Information Systems Control
Certified Information Security Manager