McKibbon Hospitality's Downtown Tampa Market
Courtyard & Residence Inn by Marriott Tampa Downtown Home2 & Hampton Inn by Hilton Downtown Channel District
What Makes a McKibbon Sales Manager?
As a key member of the sales team, the Sales Manager has influence and accountability for the revenue generation of the property. Reporting to the Director of Sales or General Manager, the Sales Manager will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of competencies to help the property to achieve its business goals.
A Day in the Life:
- You will be responsible for sales and revenue generation for segments assigned by the Director of Sales.
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up to date on new sales initiatives for the brand and company.
- You will be actively involved in critiquing the STR report.
- You will maintain positive relationships with the management company, property owners, and clients.
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations.
- You will act as the face of the property by being actively involved in the local community.
- Check emails and voicemails daily.
- Review McKibbon Hospitality’s daily report.
- Participate in Daily Sales Stand-Up or as directed by the Director of Sales.
- Review daily Delphi calendar (account, group, and function traces).
- Review Delphi task manager for past-due traces.
- Enter all sales activities into Delphi (traces, QIC, lost business).
- Review assigned hotel(s) in-house guest ledger/arrival list.
- Research and prospect leads assigned.
- Prospect to set appointments/joint appointments/tours.
- Proactive sales efforts on new and existing accounts as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Greet all assigned in-house meetings.
- Set-up/maintain group block on group/function schedules.
- Review budget and P/L with General Manager/Director of Sales.
- Provide knowledgeable input to operations team to assist in the creation of the Budget Workbook.
- Attend sales training as recommended by your general manager, Director of Sales
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years’ minimum experience in hotel sales preferred
- Previous hotel management experience within other disciplines (highly desired)
- Preferred experience with major brands such as Marriott, Hilton or Starwood
- A proven track record of meeting sales goals
- The ability to actively support operational teams
- The ability to implement and maintain all sales documentation
- The ability to make revenue management decisions to effectively grow market share
- The ability to produce proactive sales strategies through direct sales calls, prospecting for new clients, and client visits
- Some travel may be required
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Delphi Standard and Essentials or Delphi Advance (FDC) (highly desired)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to ensure that hotel policies and brand standards are followed
- Strong computer acumen
- Brand Identity
- Delphi (Programming Language)
- Direct Selling
- Hotel Reception Duties