- Prepare and/or review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis in accordance with GAAP, IFRS and DT policies and procedures.
- Plan and design business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities.
- Understand the transactional flow through the various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
- Advanced understanding of ERP system including sub-modules.
- May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report financial transactions.
- May generate ad-hoc reports for internal and/or external use.
- May interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders.
- May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with IFRS, GAAP and other accounting regulations.
- May be involved in quarterly and annual financial audit as well as supporting SOX control program.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements, analysis and communication.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analyses are adequately and properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
- Ability to mine for, manipulate and manage large volumes of transnational level data.
- Use accounting concepts, experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to resolve issues in creative and effective ways and ensure that appropriate judgment is applied. Maintains, and coordinates the implementation of accounting control procedures.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting standards; similar IFRS skills a plus.
- Proven ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment.
- Ability to define and document accounting process and procedures that are SOX compliant based on system design
- Ability to translate accounting treatment into accounting entries and financial metrics.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams in assessing accounting impact of transactions and developing system solutions.
- Experience with ERP and other accounting systems required (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Netsuite).
- 5+ years of progressive experience in US GAAP accounting and leadership role in accounting operations; similar IFRS experience a plus.
- Significant experience in leading an accounting function and merger or integration experience preferred Wireless, cable or financial services industry experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- Active CPA license
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Provide Financial Support
Provide Consultative Advice
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 986544
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile