- Responsible for applying business and technical knowledge to ensure availability of our systems, and to provide quality solutions for business and enterprise software needs
- Ability to perform an analyst role to complete high-level and technical systems design for small enhancements and customizations.
- Develop business and technical requirements for small enhancements
- Design, develop, test, document, and implement and maintain quality application software within targeted due dates
- Complete the Production support, User support, Maintenance tasks assigned per the SLAs committed to the end customer.
- Create documentation across system and functional areas, describing touchpoints and impacts at a total system level
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field or related work experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in software development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical issues and their implications for projects and business decisions, facilitate discussion and resolution of problems, and mentor other IS associates
- 5-10 years in the following environments; COBOL, VSAM, CICS, and JCL
- Mainframe Online and Batch Development
- Strong technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
- Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignment simultaneously
- Can work in a team-oriented environment
- Listening, verbal and written communications skills
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. Requires 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. May report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Job Control Language (Jcl)
Customer Information Control System (Cics)
Cobol (Programming Language)
Virtual Storage Access Methods