You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Software Development Engineer, Lead
Berkley Technology Services (BTS) is a dynamic company committed to providing world class IT services. We offer a unique culture, enabling our team members to be on the cutting edge of technology while delivering high quality solutions. We are looking for outstanding individuals who will bring unique perspectives, insight and innovation to our teams. BTS, a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, has facilities located in Des Moines, Iowa and Wilmington, Delaware.
Our functions include working with various third parties to develop, integrate, and support insurance systems of WRBC's operating units. BTS strives to provide these functions in a holistic manner including helpdesk support, system connectivity, and operational support. Additional responsibilities include coordinating communications regarding best practices in the use of our supported systems and researching new technology. At BTS, there are opportunities associated with being a part of an established and empowering corporation while maintaining a positive personal working environment. Additionally, we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including a casual dress code. BTS is constantly growing and expanding to meet the changing demands of one of the most successful insurance organizations in the world. Visit us at berkley-bts.com to learn more information.
Berkley Technology Services (BTS) has a job opportunity open for a Software Engineering Team Lead to join our team in our Manassas, VA location (Wilmington, DE or Urbandale, IA can be considered as well). On our team, you’ll be both leader and designer, guiding your team to design and build enterprise software solutions in a multi-stack environment. Working with or across Java and/or Node.js, you’ll play a key role in determining what we do, how we do it, and what tech stack best suits our objectives. And you’ll remain deeply embedded in the tech itself, with your focus on both driving innovative solutions design and working hand in hand with your team to translate business needs into the microservices and applications used every day throughout our business.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The Software Development Engineering Team Lead is responsible for growing a skilled team and driving career mentorship while also directly contributing to product development. Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Design, build, and support microservices and applications that facilitate systems to systems communications and data transfer
- Follow microservices architecture best practices to identify patterns; determine and implement best practices that directly influence the ongoing configuration and implementation of our core systems modernization efforts.
- Operate within Agile and/or SAFe frameworks to ensure enterprise software solutions are interoperable, consistent in approach, and scalable to meet evolving business needs
- Partner with business and technical teams to drive innovative ideas and systems design efforts, building consensus around the technologies and technical solutions that will address business needs
- Engage in proof of concept development initiatives to evaluate technologies for applicability and usability within our tech stack
- Mentor and cross-train technical staff
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5-8+ years of multi-stack software development experience working with Java, .NET and/or Node.js
- At least 2+ years of supervisory and/or team lead experience
- Demonstrated experience leveraging your technical expertise building trust across teams and collaborating to achieve consensus for scalable solutions to meet evolving business demands
- Experience working within agile and/or scaled agile frameworks (SAFe)
Additional Company Details
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiting agencies or firms. The company offers a competitive compensation plan and robust benefits package for full time regular employees.
- .Net Framework
- Agile Methodology
- Business Requirements
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Transmissions
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g9skybr
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.