Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 6.7 billion Euros turnover, over 940 laboratories across 59 countries and about 61,000 staff.Job Description
Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing - Columbia is looking for a Training Specialist
to manage the technical training and leadership development activities. The Training Specialist works collaboratively with leadership and human resources leader to develop training modules, technical training programs and procedures that support corporate objectives and comply with best business practices for operations staff and goals. They also help implement defined training programs to promote workforce productivity, stability and development.Job Duties
- Consults with organizational leadership and staff to assess training needs. Provide group and individual training sessions, including scheduling, training materials/media development, presentation and record keeping.
- Designs, develops and implements with input from Subject Matter Experts and Quality Assurance training programs that align with strategic initiatives. Develops the content and format of training materials for training programs.
- Maintains communication with service line leaders at all times to allow identification and timely resolution of any training issues.
- Delivers energetic training programs that engage participants in acquiring designated job skills, including but not limited to, technical skills, leadership skills, and project management skills.
- Maintains current expertise in all related external regulatory requirements, technology, and internal systems, processes and procedures.
- Provides input and maintains developmental plans.
- Acts as internal resource for site training and education needs.
- Develops and maintains training performance metrics and continuously evaluates the effectiveness of training programs.
- Provides input for tracking training records and attendance and assists with providing reports on training delivered as needed for senior management, leadership, audit or other purposes.
- Keeps abreast of current training needs and practices and new developments, pending and new laws and regulations. Advises human resources management on revisions to training to ensure company policy is compliant with best practices, laws and regulations as appropriate.
- Models time management, conscientiousness, dedication, self-discipline, accountability and responsibility. Collaborates with all appropriate areas to promote optimal client service. Supports and fosters an environment to promote transparency, employee development and participation.
- Sets priorities and manages time effectively. Identifies potential problems/opportunities and plans for contingent action. Participates in efforts to improve existing systems or operations when new organizational approaches are needed. Seeks out solutions and resources to meet identified needs. Exercises independent judgment to implement plans, in area of responsibility. Develops or optimizes processes and procedures to lead to more efficient work flow and higher quality.
- Strives to improve own level of competence through skill development. Maintains a current training record. Stays current on reading of Standard Operating Procedures. Attends all required educational and other mandatory meetings as required and/or directed.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- Must be a motivated individual with the ability to interact in a professional manner with employees and leadership; excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of training, particularly adults.
- Deep understanding of chromatography principles and systems is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by working cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong science background, preferably an advanced degree in chemistry.
- Minimum of three years of training in a regulated laboratory or manufacturing environment or higher education in the sciences.
- Skill and experience with conducting training through a variety of media is preferred.
- Ability to work independently is required.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Columbia, MO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and PTO, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Business Ethics
- Customer Service
- Human Resources