Maintenance Mechanic needed on 2nd shift for a manufacturer near Oak Lawn, IL
$25-27/hr Depending on experience
The primary function of this position is to effectively changeover, maintain, repair and troubleshoot very complex blow mold equipment and other high speed manufacturing equipment including conveyor systems, palletizing and strapping equipment compressors, and installing electrical and wiring systems.
Specific Duties may include performing the duties as electrical and mechanical specialist in the facility but are not limited to:
- Effectively perform changeovers and process a quality bottle within required timelines.
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as Graham Wheels, conveyors systems, hydraulic
- equipment, pneumatic equipment, compressors, chillers, cooling towers, etc.
- Perform repairs on electrical or electronic instruments.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all production equipment.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot, program and repair robotic equipment.
- Conduct periodic tests or checks of all electrical or electronic instruments.
- Identify and report potential equipment and building problems. Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Our facility is highly automated and the ideal candidate needs to possess:
• Proficient troubleshooting skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and complex mechanical equipment with the capability to diagnose using visual and auditory senses, test components and technical publications.
• A minimum of 5+ years experience in industrial maintenance in a manufacturing environment, plastics background a plus.
• Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred and/or combination of education and/or apprenticeship.
• Ability to use shop equipment and tools (lathe, drill press, mill, cut-off saw, arbor press, hydraulic press, wrenches, chisels, grinders, drills, etc.) as well as analog and digital equipment, voltmeters, ohmmeters and other hand tools.
• Ability to read maintenance manuals, schematics, drawings, parts manuals, catalogs and other maintenance literature.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
• Skill in oral/interpersonal communications.
• Project management skills with the ability to see a project through to completion.
• Ability to meet threshold requirements on validated assessment instrument.
Maintenance Technicians are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.