The Buyer Planner will perform both purchasing and planning activities for EDAX. Specific duties and functions required to meet team goals and objectives include manufacturing planning, team/vendor communication and evaluation, and inventory forecasting and control. The Buyer Planner will also participate in interdepartmental business planning, product lifecycle, and inventory management, as well as tracking individual and team performance relative to strategic goals. Specifically, this candidate will operate in a hands-on role executing purchasing and planning actions while also supporting stockroom activities including kitting, inventory counts, other miscellaneous materials control activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with existing suppliers; evaluate and select new vendors. Work with suppliers to reduce order quantities while increasing order frequency to help with working capital and reduce risk on obsolescence issues. Proactively improve supplier On Tim Delivery (OTD). Identify supplier key metrics and implement improvement processes. Experience with Kanban and Consignment purchasing strategies is a plus.
• Participate in the sales and operations planning process to ensure incoming material meets product volume and mix requirements.
• Participate in the design for manufacturing and value analysis/value engineering initiatives.
• Plan, purchase, manage resources/vendors and all inventories (FG, WIP, Raw) to achieve team and business goals to support manufacturing.
• Apply the latest planning and information management tools, search out and leverage best-practices, and participate in ongoing skills training.
• Maintain strong lines of communication with teammates, vendors, accounting, IT, QA, customer service and distribution to ensure that all ideas and issues are addressed.
• Maintain all material control-related systems to reflect changes of internal and external customer demand.
• Work with peers on inventory and logistics planning of new products, inventory forecasting/reduction, strategic yearly cost reduction initiatives, and continuous improvement of quality systems.
• Optimize and balance inventory levels to maximize key metrics; inventory turns, component availability and cost, transportation costs; limit excess and obsolete inventory.
• Ensure that materials are purchased at lowest cost, in specified quantity and quality, within scheduled dates while maintaining or improving component quality.
• Participate in the Material Review Board (MRB) process and have responsibility for material quality, supply chain quality, and delivery performance.
• Make recommendations on material cost reductions, value analysis, and value engineering opportunities driving analysis and approval.
• Follow-up and expediting of vendor deliveries when necessary and ensure all INCO terms and conditions are met.
• Develop and maintain accurate standard costs for all purchase components and assemblies.
• Advise management of industry competitive situations, alternative supply sources, commodity price trends and supply/demand situations.
• Perform all above duties in accordance with applicable directives and company policies.
Required knowledge and skills:
• BS degree in materials management, business, or logistics preferred, or job-related training with a minimum of five years of experience.
• Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of data management, manufacturing forecasting, production planning, project management, and purchasing.
• APICS certification a strong positive.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and be challenged by a team-based environment, which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service levels, inventory management, cost reduction, and quality compliance.
• Effective verbal and written negotiation and communications skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Highly developed problem-solving, analysis, and decision-making skills.
• Experience with NAVISION ERP System is a plus.
• Experience with ISO 9001 Internal Auditing is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.