Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for a Software Developer Engineer in Test with a solid quality foundation and intermediate programming skills that not only serve as testers but as developers for test automation. SDETs will shift focus from manual to test automation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Quality engineering team is about creating an ecosystem to achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction
- Unlike similar Quality roles in other organizations, this position needs deep understanding of software development, architecture, and performance engineering to help drive quality early in the life cycle of a product development
- Responsible for delivering the Quality Engineering services (Code quality, Testing Services, Performance Engineering, Testing and Environment automation, Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration)
- Requires an extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open-source agile testing frameworks. Delivers the product quality deliverables, and release level quality
- Interacts with technology staff including Quality Engineers, Operations, Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Product Architecture to identify scope of project/s and deliver services
- Works on quality engineering, exploratory testing, and test automation tasks covering all key practice areas including web, API, and batch jobs testing
- Understand end-customer needs and associated value chain to drive processes and practices to ensure flawless customer experience
- Foster strategic thinking and continuous learning to help continue to lead as a technology company providing differentiating high-quality products
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Knowledge of Java, Spring, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, Rest Assured, Appium, Selenium/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, etc.
- Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher code coverage
- Proficiency with Test Case and Defect Management skills across SDLC process
- Demonstrated software development, testing, and coding skills are required
- Good knowledge of architecture, common design patterns, test data generation tools highly desirable
- Expertise in agile delivery, and life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally/Rational Concert), software testing standards, methods, and conventions
- Expertise with cross browser and cross device testing strategies and automation via device clouds (Perfecto, Sauce labs, etc.)
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with Quality Engineering practices and concepts
- Experience with performance engineering and tools such as Load Runner, JMeter. Exposure to Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable
- Experience working in Agile environments and understanding of Agile Scrum methodology
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Qlty Engineer, MN, Minnesota, NJ, New Jersey, CO, Colorado. CA,TX, Texas, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote