To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Paramus, NJ 07652
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Card Sales Representative
M&T Bank • Paramus, NJ
Posted 6 days ago
Title: Commercial Card Sales Representative III
• Responsible for developing new Commercial Card business, expanding existing business relationships, and servicing the Bank’s Commercial Card clients, including handling high touch client accounts.
• Responsible for working with the larger, more sophisticated business clients with the most complex treasury needs.
• Represents the department on division and cross-functional committees.
• Works closely with Relationship Managers and Unit Managers, as well as clients at the Executive Level.
• Considered a subject matter expert on Commercial Card product benefits and services with various industries and lines of business.
• Relied upon by management to set the example for and serve as a mentor to other Commercial Card Consultants.
• Actively participates in financial services organizations, including the National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals.
• Call on prospective business clients to develop new Commercial Card sales opportunities through a consultative sales approach.
• Meet with existing business clients to expand relationships and to ensure proper servicing of clients.
• Exhibit ownership of top, complex business relationships within assigned portfolio.
• Responsible for all phases of sales process from referral through implementation.
• Analyze client’s current Commercial Card structure and pricing, and develop customized solutions to meet the client’s needs.
• Prepare and present Commercial Card presentations and proposals (for both internal and external audiences), illustrating customized solutions, industry trends, as well as features and benefits of the recommended product offerings.
• Develop original Commercial Card industry and solution presentations for self and team to present at external meetings (e.g. centers of influence, etc.).
• Act as a partner with Treasury Management Consultants and Relationship Managers to market Commercial Card services to clients and prospects. Provide consultative training to ensure an understanding of the Bank’s product offerings, and communicate product changes and enhancements.
• Analyze client and prospect pricing structure and make recommendations to Treasury Management Consultants, Relationship Managers and management.
• Assist Commercial Card Sales Manager in executing sales strategies and in meeting or exceeding departmental goals.
• Help identify team strategies to drive sales efforts.
• Participate in the development of strategic business plans and sales campaigns for target clients and prospects.
• Identify opportunities for new business development.
• Provide training and mentoring to sales representatives with less experience.
• Participate in division projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelors’ degree or four (4) years equivalent in work experience in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of five (5) years Commercial Card sales experience.
• Strong sales aptitude and ability to work with clients at the Executive level.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to function professionally at levels, e.g., clients, management, peer, different
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• MBA preferred.
• CTP (Certified Treasury Professional) preferred.
• Detailed knowledge of industry products and services.
• Strong internal and external relationship building skills.
• Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
• Customer Service – ability to diagnose and direct support for client issues.
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2017, 3:07:31 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing