GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Engineer – Patterning Metrology.
Summary of Role\:
GlobalFoundries Fab 8 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Engineer to become part of our state-of-the-art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. The Metrology Process Engineer position reports directly to a functional area Section Manager in Fab 8 in Malta NY. Engineer will be responsible for the development and optimization of robust, manufacturing measurement recipes across multiple tool fleets. Specific duties include recipe management and lot hold troubleshooting, tool qualification and SPC chart review, running measurement matching studies, NPI set up, change point management control and collaboration with representatives from other modules\: Litho, Etch,CVD, PVD, CFM and Process Integration.
Essential Responsibilities include\:
- Sustain production line, daily SPC monitoring, Cpk improvement, and troubleshooting support for process and tool issues
- Tool setup, qualification and tool matching
- Improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data-driven decision making, and systematic problem-solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in support of throughput improvement, cost reduction, and yield learning
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to screen and optimize manufacturing processes to meet technology (performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (process stability, cost of ownership) targets
- Support Integration team and Quality organization to ensure technology meet the qualification and reliability requirements
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- BS degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required
- Minimum of 2+ years of semiconductor process engineering experience in the process area is desired; experience in advanced technology (14nm or beyond) is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, taking initiative to drive solutions to problems
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal
- Position will require Engineer to spend some of their time in a cleanroom environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Manufacturing engineering experience
- Knowledge of semiconductor/silicon processing
- Understanding and knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Prior experience to working in a semiconductor cleanroom environment
- Knowledge of Metrology measurement techniques and equipment, specifically CDSEM.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different cultures
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Engineer – Patterning Metrology and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
- Business Process Improvement
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cost Reduction
- Decision Making