Requisition ID # 91681
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Human Resources
The Electric Operations Training Team is a dynamic group within PG&E Academy that focuses on strategically aligning itself with Electric Operations business toward a goal of creating the safest most reliable electric operating system in the industry. It is our job to increase employee safety and productivity by designing, developing, and delivering best in industry learning and on the job support solutions. We are seeking team members who can thrive autonomously in a fast paced environment that is undergoing change. To be successful, you must be open to change, possess a passion for learning and innovation, be able to build strong internal and external relationships, and have a strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement.
This role includes being part of a team of instructors that deliver Electric technical training to PG&E's workforce in a manner that allows the workforce to perform their jobs safely and efficiently. The successful candidate will ensure that PG&E Academy's technical training programs are delivered with the highest level of safety and performance standards, training all employees to competence and in compliance with PG&E’s standards, procedures and Instructor Excellence guidelines. As an Instructor, you will instruct, present and observe students within the Electric Operations Department. The successful candidate will be part of building a best in industry Electric Operations Delivery Team.
The work schedule will be Monday-Thursday 0600-1630.
Relocation and Sign-on bonus eligible for qualified candidates
- Coach, mentor and develop team members in order to reach team and individual goals and strengthen core competencies.
- Coach technical instructors to set expectations around what best in industry training delivery looks like and work to improve overall skill set.
- Create and implement team strategies to ensure work is executed on time, on target and on budget.
- Effectively find solutions to issues and risks presented by team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong working relationships with line of business (LOB)directors/managers, project managers, and team members, working collaboratively to identify training and performance requirements and advising on learning solutions aligned with those requirements.
- Interface with client for course and training material feedback. Make suggestions for improvements and changes to curriculum working with Curriculum Development.
- May lead the development of critical new tools, technology and techniques that requires cross functional coordination.
- Plan, establish and maintain scheduling in conjunction with operations partners to maximize instructor booking efficiency and quality, adhere to budget and achieve results-driven learning solution goal.
- Provides technical leadership within the department.
- Work with Academy partners, including Curriculum Development, Professional Development, Operations, and eLearning to plan for assisting in Academy projects and rollouts.
- Works closely with Academy Management, line of business leadership, project managers, information systems technology services (ISTS) teams, and PG&E Academy curriculum.
- Development, and operations teams to ensure timely and accurate delivery of PG&E learning solutions that meet our company's goals and needs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Journey-man level in respective technical trade (Lineman)
- Mastery in one area as determined by the instructor qualification process
- Technical Training Certification (COMPTIA) or equivalent (within 6 months of hire)
- College degree in engineering or Apprenticeship Completion in technical discipline (Lineman)
- 6 months experience as a Technical Training Instructor
- 2 years at Journeyman level in respective technical trade (Lineman)
- Curriculum Development
- Booking (Sales)