To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
12150 Best Place
Cincinnati, OH 45241
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Research & Development Associate- BioScience
Smithfield Foods • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you an ambitious, compliance-focused professional that excels in highspeed work environments; evaluating processes, and identifying opportunities to mitigate deficiencies? Then join one of the country’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
As a member of the R&D team, this position participates in the research and development of new/revised laboratory procedures, new products and other R&D projects.Responsibilities
- Participates in the research team development of new products and refinement of laboratory methods.
- Accurately records data and results in company laboratory notebooks and maintains proper documentation.
- Follows procedures to assure a clean, safe and organized lab.
- Enhances safety and safeguards the Company’s proprietary information.
- Participates in the transfer, training and implementation of new and revised procedures.
- Provides support for the analytical testing results and providing information to the team.
- Participates in the exchange of ideas to facilitate the progress of new and ongoing product development.
- Other duties as assigned to assist the research team.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in a science field or equivalent combination of education and/or industry experience, required.
- Proficient in on-line work systems and product/project development software tools.
- Continuously improves and updates pharmaceutical industry knowledge and product development skills.
- Understands all aspects of relevant and current plant SOP’s and appropriate FDA guidelines.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and achieve effective time management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Acts with a sense of urgency under deadlines to meet established goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.