**THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARD
The Shift Supervisor ensures compliance with the unarmed Security Officer contract as well as the efficiency and effectiveness of available resources in providing security to the University of California, Berkeley facilities at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. The Shift Supervisors focus on the day-to-day operations of the contract and are expected to maintain discipline and professionalism regarding their own conduct and the conduct of security officers assigned to their shift. Shift Supervisors are responsible for exercising leadership, maintaining high morale, directing and inspecting the performance of security personnel assigned to their shift. This includes overseeing the scheduling work distribution and training, answering of questions related to work, and solving problems.
• Follow all company personnel and safety policies and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
• Have complete knowledge of the site, all building and facilities, post orders, emergency contact list, emergency procedures, special instructions and all post duties at the site.
• Administers instructions to security personnel assigned to the site and assures that all officers are familiar with the facility and their duties. The Shift Supervisor will also be certain that all officers receive and understand new, changed, or special instructions.
• Accountable for the proper use and maintenance of all equipment used at the site by assigned officers.
• Accurately maintain all field file records of employees assigned to their shift. These records may include, but are not limited to, time and attendance, disciplinary actions, promotions, demotions, commendations, status/payroll change reports.
• Manage the staffing of posts at the site in order to ensure complete coverage. This includes, but is not limited to, coverage for vacations, illness, and call-offs.
• Promptly notify the Account Manager and customer officials of all unusual or emergency situations according to post orders and company and customer policy.
• Conduct unannounced inspections of their assigned shifts in order to assess the employee performance.
• May be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Directly and indirectly oversee all security personnel at respective site.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 3 years supervisor experience in a security or law enforcement capacity
• Minimum AA degree (experience may be substituted)
• Must be a US Citizen
• Possess a REAL ID compliant driver’s license.
• Possess sound leadership skills
• Possess ability to make sound and timely decisions
Employee Performance Management