Job Title: Technical
Position Title: Facilities Maintenance Specialist – OFTC (One Face To the Customer)
Department Name: Facilities Management & Energy
I. Position Purpose/Scope: What are the key objectives of the position?
- Provide direct/1-on-1 technical & project management support to our internal customers.
- Provide Facilities related support proactively & continuously to assure most effective designs & solutions are being implemented in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with our internal customers.
- Maintain & nurture effective working relationships with our internal customers for maximum benefit to BMW.
II. Position Responsibilities /Accountabilities: List the major duties/ accountabilities to achieve the positions key objectives.
- Support internal customer technical & project management needs as it relates to facilities equipment and structure topics.
- Serve as the single point of contact for our internal customers for Facilities related topics.
- Assure efficient & effective Facilities support and issue resolution.
- Apply proven communication, analytical, project management and problem solving skills in support of efficient & effective issue resolution.
- Assure production critical topics are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop and define preventative maintenance criteria to ensure optimum facilities equipment performance & maintainability.
- Assist in creating standards and specifications of new equipment installations.
- Proactively support all aspects of our FM & Energy business as needed to assure facilities equipment sustainably performs as designed (i.e. PM plans and performance, spare part availability, design improvement planning, random inspections, etc.)
- Develop & implement processes that drive FM & Energy Team continuous improvement.
- Work effectively with FM & Energy Team (BMW & IFM personnel) to achieve Premium results for our internal customers.
- Support planning & handover processes for new real estate provision and equipment installations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
III. Position Competencies:
- BS Degree in a technical discipline or the equivalent of 4 years experience in equipment maintenance & project management - preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- 6 years experience in Industrial Manufacturing Maintenance.
- Per applicable BMW training standards.
D) Licenses and/or Certifications:
- 4+ years equipment installation & maintenance experience with electrical, mechanical and controls systems including programming/software.
- Working knowledge of Plant Spartanburg Facilities.
- Advanced knowledge in communicating ideas in both technical and user friendly language.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills as proven through business application.
- Advanced trouble shooting, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Advanced database systems knowledge, SAP Preventative Maintenance preferred.
IV. Primary Work Location: (If > 1 location, indicate % of time spent at each location.)
- Plant Spartanburg - 90%
- International and Domestic Travel - 10% Spartanburg
V. Physical Demands:
- (Examples are 1) Transport materials or inspect building, equipment and other items; 2) operate computers or other equipment’; and 3) sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Physical demands should be described in terms of what has to be done and not in terms of physical or mental attributes.) Identify the key physical demands required to perform the essential function(s) of the job and indicate whether the responsibility is performed occasionally (“O”), frequently (“F”), or constantly (“C”).
- Operates computers ("F")
- Performs equipment inspection ("O")
- May sit or stand for long periods of time. ("F")
VI. Environmental Demands:
- (Examples are 1) Working with irritant chemicals, gases, etc.; 2) Working shifts or variable work hours; 3) Wearing protective clothing or respiratory protective equipment; 4) Working in extreme heat or cold conditions; 5) Exposure to loud noises; 6) Performing work in a normal office setting). Identify the key environmental demands required to perform the essential function(s) of the job and indicate whether the responsibility is performed occasionally (“O”), frequently (“F”), or constantly (“C”).
- Works with irritant chemicals, gases, etc. ("O")
- Works shifts or variable shift hours to support production or equipment needs ("O")
- Exposure to potentially dangerous situations or unusual environmental stress ("O")
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Personal Protective Equipment